Shipping bike from Portugal to Melbourne??

hippy

Guest
My mate is competing in Madeira soon
and after the race wants to send his bike
home and commence a holiday without it.

Does anyone have any info about shipping
a bike from Lisbon, Portugal to Melbourne?

Tough ask, I know, but thought I'd try it...

cheers!
hippy

Hippy wrote:
> Does anyone have any info about shipping a bike from Lisbon, Portugal to
> Melbourne? Tough ask, I know, but thought I'd try it... cheers! hippy

Um, talk to Kristjan

-

Stu, have a safe trip in Euro, cheers tall carlos

> My mate is competing in Madeira soon
> and after the race wants to send his bike
> home and commence a holiday without it.
>
> Does anyone have any info about shipping
> a bike from Lisbon, Portugal to Melbourne?
>
> Tough ask, I know, but thought I'd try it...
>
> cheers!
> hippy

Saw that one coming...
Let me dig around in my emails and I'll get back to you... I have the
details of a shipping agency here somewhere.
Failing that I'll send an email across to .pt and get a response soon....

news:%[email protected]...

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 07:03:56 +0000, hippy wrote:

> My mate is competing in Madeira soon
> and after the race wants to send his bike home and
> commence a holiday without it.

Huh?

How can you have a holiday _without_ a bike?!

On a more serious note, if you box it, one of the
seppo' shipping companies will deliver it at
significant expense (around US$200 comes to mind,
but this is from anecdotes on the Phred's bicycle
touring list, and is probably for shipping EU->US).

Do airlines still do un-accompanied luggage ?

Also, he can't just leave it at, or ship it to
the last hotel he will be staying at, and then
take it back with him ?

-kt

hippy wrote:
> Does anyone have any info about shipping
> a bike from Lisbon, Portugal to Melbourne?
>
> Tough ask, I know, but thought I'd try it...
>
> cheers!
> hippy

I think Albion Cycles (02) 9387 1144 (or http://www.albioncycles.com.au)
imports bikes from Portugal, so they might have some useful tips/info?

HTH,

&roo

P.S. Are you still here?

Cheers peeps! I have passed this info onto the Portugal-bound lad..

hippy (whats with euro kezboards?! sheesh!

-