Shipping bike from Portugal to Melbourne??

Hippy

Guest
My mate is competing in Madeira soon and after the race
wants to send his bike home and commence a holiday
without it.

Does anyone have any info about shipping a bike from Lisbon,
Portugal to Melbourne?

Tough ask, I know, but thought I'd try it...

cheers! hippy

Originally posted by Hippy
Does anyone have any info about shipping a bike from Lisbon,
Portugal to Melbourne?
Tough ask, I know, but thought I'd try it...
cheers! hippy

Um, talk to Kristjan?

Stu, have a safe trip in Euro, cheers tall carlos

> My mate is competing in Madeira soon and after the race
> wants to send his bike home and commence a holiday
> without it.
>
> Does anyone have any info about shipping a bike from
> Lisbon, Portugal to Melbourne?
>
> Tough ask, I know, but thought I'd try it...
>
> cheers! hippy

Saw that one coming... Let me dig around in my emails and
I'll get back to you... I have the details of a shipping
agency here somewhere. Failing that I'll send an email
across to .pt and get a response soon....

news:%[email protected]...

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 07:03:56 +0000, hippy wrote:

> My mate is competing in Madeira soon and after the race
> wants to send his bike home and commence a holiday
> without it.

Huh?

How can you have a holiday _without_ a bike?!

On a more serious note, if you box it, one of the seppo'
shipping companies will deliver it at significant expense
(around US$200 comes to mind, but this is from anecdotes on
the Phred's bicycle touring list, and is probably for
shipping EU->US).

Do airlines still do un-accompanied luggage ?

Also, he can't just leave it at, or ship it to the
last hotel he will be staying at, and then take it
back with him ?

-kt

hippy wrote:
> Does anyone have any info about shipping a bike from
> Lisbon, Portugal to Melbourne?
>
> Tough ask, I know, but thought I'd try it...
>
> cheers! hippy

I think Albion Cycles (02) 9387 1144 (or
http://www.albioncycles.com.au) imports bikes from Portugal,
so they might have some useful tips/info?

HTH,

&roo

P.S. Are you still here?

Cheers peeps!
I have passed this info onto the Portugal-bound lad...

hippy
(whats with euro kezboards?! sheesh!)