shipping bike US-) UK

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Nick Drew, Mar 31, 2003.

  1. Nick Drew

    Nick Drew Guest

    I realise that this subject has cropped up a few times, but when it has it's not actually answered
    my question. Which is: I'm taking my Kona over to the States this summer to see what all the fuss
    is about. I'm then flying onto Oz, India etc, where lugging a bike around won't really be worth
    the hassle.

    So what I want to do is ship my bike back to the UK so it's here for when I get back. To be honest
    I've had a look around and Fedex, DHL etc say it's too large. How can I get it shipped back without
    paying a fortune? I'm not too bothered about how long it takes, as I'll be abroad for another 4-5
    months after the States.

    Cheers Nick

    --
    r e p l a c e s p a m w i t h n i c k t o r e p l y

    > I realise that this subject has cropped up a few times, but when it has it's not actually answered
    > my question. Which is: I'm taking my Kona over to the States this summer to see what all the fuss
    > is about. I'm then flying onto Oz, India etc, where lugging a bike around won't really be worth
    > the hassle.
    >
    > So what I want to do is ship my bike back to the UK so it's here for when I get back. To be honest
    > I've had a look around and Fedex, DHL etc say it's too large. How can I get it shipped back
    > without paying a fortune? I'm not too bothered about how long it takes, as I'll be abroad for
    > another 4-5 months after the States.
    >
    > Cheers Nick
    >

    > --
    > r e p l a c e s p a m w i t h n i c k t o r e p l y

    Check if the airline will take it back.
    --
    _________________________

  3. Bill Peabody

    Bill Peabody Guest

    Any chance you could fly to India by way of UK and this way you could get your bike back to UK and
    have a friend pick it up at the London airport during your transfer. the trip may be a little longer
    but until you check it out it may be a possibility.

    "Chris Phillipo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > I realise that this subject has cropped up a few times, but when it has
    it's
    > > not actually answered my question. Which is: I'm taking my Kona over to
    the
    > > States this summer to see what all the fuss is about. I'm then flying
    onto
    > > Oz, India etc, where lugging a bike around won't really be worth the
    hassle.

    > > So what I want to do is ship my bike back to the UK so it's here for
    when I
    > > get back. To be honest I've had a look around and Fedex, DHL etc say
    it's
    > > too large. How can I get it shipped back without paying a fortune? I'm
    not
    > > too bothered about how long it takes, as I'll be abroad for another 4-5 months after the States.
    > >
    > > Cheers Nick
    > >

    > > --
    > > r e p l a c e s p a m w i t h n i c k t o r e p l y
    > >

    > Check if the airline will take it back.
    > --
    > _________________________
    > Chris Phillipo - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia http://www.ramsays-online.com

  4. Mx-Pilot

    Mx-Pilot Guest

    what?

    I jsut shipped a 200 pound box with fedex, and they didn't care.

    "Chris Phillipo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > I realise that this subject has cropped up a few times, but when it has
    it's
    > > not actually answered my question. Which is: I'm taking my Kona over to
    the
    > > States this summer to see what all the fuss is about. I'm then flying
    onto
    > > Oz, India etc, where lugging a bike around won't really be worth the
    hassle.

    > > So what I want to do is ship my bike back to the UK so it's here for
    when I
    > > get back. To be honest I've had a look around and Fedex, DHL etc say
    it's
    > > too large. How can I get it shipped back without paying a fortune? I'm
    not
    > > too bothered about how long it takes, as I'll be abroad for another 4-5 months after the States.
    > >
    > > Cheers Nick
    > >

    > > --
    > > r e p l a c e s p a m w i t h n i c k t o r e p l y
    > >

    > Check if the airline will take it back.
    > --
    > _________________________
    > Chris Phillipo - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia http://www.ramsays-online.com

  5. Simon

    Simon Guest

    | "Chris Phillipo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    | news:[email protected]...
    | > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    | > > I realise that this subject has cropped up a few times, but when it
    has
    | it's
    | > > not actually answered my question. Which is: I'm taking my Kona over
    | the
    | > > States this summer to see what all the fuss is about. I'm then flying
    | onto
    | > > Oz, India etc, where lugging a bike around won't really be worth the
    | hassle.
    | > >
    | > > So what I want to do is ship my bike back to the UK so it's here for
    | when I
    | > > get back. To be honest I've had a look around and Fedex, DHL etc say
    | it's
    | > > too large. How can I get it shipped back without paying a fortune? I'm
    | not
    | > > too bothered about how long it takes, as I'll be abroad for another
    4-5
    | > > months after the States.
    | > >
    | > > Cheers Nick

    "MX-Pilot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    | what?
    |
    | I jsut shipped a 200 pound box with fedex, and they didn't care.

    Thats a big box! what was it made of? :eek:)

    Simon