shipping bike US-) UK

Nick Drew

Guest
I realise that this subject has cropped up a few times, but when it has it's not actually answered
my question. Which is: I'm taking my Kona over to the States this summer to see what all the fuss
is about. I'm then flying onto Oz, India etc, where lugging a bike around won't really be worth
the hassle.

So what I want to do is ship my bike back to the UK so it's here for when I get back. To be honest
I've had a look around and Fedex, DHL etc say it's too large. How can I get it shipped back without
paying a fortune? I'm not too bothered about how long it takes, as I'll be abroad for another 4-5
months after the States.

Cheers Nick

--
r e p l a c e s p a m w i t h n i c k t o r e p l y

> I realise that this subject has cropped up a few times, but when it has it's not actually answered
> my question. Which is: I'm taking my Kona over to the States this summer to see what all the fuss
> is about. I'm then flying onto Oz, India etc, where lugging a bike around won't really be worth
> the hassle.
>
> So what I want to do is ship my bike back to the UK so it's here for when I get back. To be honest
> I've had a look around and Fedex, DHL etc say it's too large. How can I get it shipped back
> without paying a fortune? I'm not too bothered about how long it takes, as I'll be abroad for
> another 4-5 months after the States.
>
> Cheers Nick
>

> --
> r e p l a c e s p a m w i t h n i c k t o r e p l y

Check if the airline will take it back.
--
_________________________

Any chance you could fly to India by way of UK and this way you could get your bike back to UK and
have a friend pick it up at the London airport during your transfer. the trip may be a little longer
but until you check it out it may be a possibility.

"Chris Phillipo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > I realise that this subject has cropped up a few times, but when it has
it's
> > not actually answered my question. Which is: I'm taking my Kona over to
the
> > States this summer to see what all the fuss is about. I'm then flying
onto
> > Oz, India etc, where lugging a bike around won't really be worth the
hassle.

> > So what I want to do is ship my bike back to the UK so it's here for
when I
> > get back. To be honest I've had a look around and Fedex, DHL etc say
it's
> > too large. How can I get it shipped back without paying a fortune? I'm
not
> > too bothered about how long it takes, as I'll be abroad for another 4-5 months after the States.
> >
> > Cheers Nick
> >

> > --
> > r e p l a c e s p a m w i t h n i c k t o r e p l y
> >

> Check if the airline will take it back.
> --
> _________________________
> Chris Phillipo - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia http://www.ramsays-online.com

what?

I jsut shipped a 200 pound box with fedex, and they didn't care.

"Chris Phillipo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > I realise that this subject has cropped up a few times, but when it has
it's
> > not actually answered my question. Which is: I'm taking my Kona over to
the
> > States this summer to see what all the fuss is about. I'm then flying
onto
> > Oz, India etc, where lugging a bike around won't really be worth the
hassle.

> > So what I want to do is ship my bike back to the UK so it's here for
when I
> > get back. To be honest I've had a look around and Fedex, DHL etc say
it's
> > too large. How can I get it shipped back without paying a fortune? I'm
not
> > too bothered about how long it takes, as I'll be abroad for another 4-5 months after the States.
> >
> > Cheers Nick
> >

> > --
> > r e p l a c e s p a m w i t h n i c k t o r e p l y
> >

> Check if the airline will take it back.
> --
> _________________________
> Chris Phillipo - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia http://www.ramsays-online.com

| "Chris Phillipo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
| news:[email protected]...
| > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
| > > I realise that this subject has cropped up a few times, but when it
has
| it's
| > > not actually answered my question. Which is: I'm taking my Kona over
| the
| > > States this summer to see what all the fuss is about. I'm then flying
| onto
| > > Oz, India etc, where lugging a bike around won't really be worth the
| hassle.
| > >
| > > So what I want to do is ship my bike back to the UK so it's here for
| when I
| > > get back. To be honest I've had a look around and Fedex, DHL etc say
| it's
| > > too large. How can I get it shipped back without paying a fortune? I'm
| not
| > > too bothered about how long it takes, as I'll be abroad for another
4-5
| > > months after the States.
| > >
| > > Cheers Nick

"MX-Pilot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
| what?
|
| I jsut shipped a 200 pound box with fedex, and they didn't care.

Thats a big box! what was it made of? :eek:)

Simon