Shipping costs from the U.S.

ADA23

New Member
Aug 10, 2005
I am looking to buy a bike on ebay from a guy in Texas. Have asked him what the shipping cost will be and he says between $100 & $300 USD. Has anyone here had a bike shipped from the U.S and if so what was the cost please?

I bought a 2nd hand MTB on eBay from the US mid-year. The shipping cost
was about $200. Quotes varied wildly up to $500. I signed up with
forwarding agent MyUSA and their rate was a lot cheaper than FedEx
etc., but the set-up cost is about $50 too.
If your quote is under $250, it's not bad - toxic enough - but around
the market.

PS: My tricked up Airborne Black Widow is uber-cool.

Donga

On 12 Dec 2005 03:51:04 -0800, "Donga" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I bought a 2nd hand MTB on eBay from the US mid-year. The shipping cost
> was about $200. Quotes varied wildly up to $500. I signed up with
> forwarding agent MyUSA and their rate was a lot cheaper than FedEx
> etc., but the set-up cost is about $50 too.
> If your quote is under $250, it's not bad - toxic enough - but around
> the market.
>
> PS: My tricked up Airborne Black Widow is uber-cool.

But was it left hand ride? :)

--
Frank
[email protected]
<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> On 12 Dec 2005 03:51:04 -0800, "Donga" <[email protected]>

wrote:

<SNIP>

> > PS: My tricked up Airborne Black Widow is uber-cool.

> But was it left hand ride? :)

Reminds me of when I showed my dual-suspension, dual disc bike to someone at
work. He asked if it pulls to the left when I brake coz the discs are on one
side. He's an engineer in a big chemical refinery... scary, eh?

me

"ADA23" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I am looking to buy a bike on ebay from a guy in Texas. Have asked him
> what the shipping cost will be and he says between $100 & $300 USD. Has
> anyone here had a bike shipped from the U.S and if so what was the cost
> please?
>

> --
> ADA23

I had a road bike sent from the states via fedex.
Cost was 180us and delivery time was approx 5 days (it came from franklin,
tennessee)
Aussie customs then took a couple of days to do whatever it is they do
(wheelies around the carpark)