SHIRTS: Which One Is Best ??

On Jun 15, 9:34 pm, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article
> <3b156acb-c300-4d88-8f3a-b350bd00a...@f36g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>,
>

>  Bret <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > The Assos SL Sleeveless Jersey is probably the most expensive of its
> > > kind, so must be the
> > > best:http://www.competitivecyclist.com/road-bikes/product-apparel/2008-ass..
> > > .

> > > You can't road race with it.

> > > -ilan

> > You can in Colorado:

> > 11.3.1 All riders must wear jerseys. Sleeveless jerseys are permitted.
> > All riders must wear cycling shorts. No article of clothing may
> > be worn that serves solely an aerodynamic purpose.
> > Bret

> That's it, Colorado is on my list. What next, TTs with swim and run
> stages?
>
> It's a slippery slope!
>
> --
> Ryan Cousineau [email protected]://www.wiredcola.com/
> "In other newsgroups, they killfile trolls."
> "In rec.bicycles.racing, we coach them."

I think this has more to do with sleeveless MTB'rs than multisport
folks. One of the guys involved with the ACA rule book also promoted a
Tuesday night series race series that would attract a diverse and
occasionally sleeveless clientele. Being a lawyer in real life and a
stickler for rules he would have to turn the sleeve deprived away
until the rule was changed.

Speaking of multisport folks, I was recently riding in Tuscany with a
former Hawaii Ironman winner (SM) and the guy has a beer at every rest
stop. He would order a beer and then the Italians would assume that I
wanted one too which wasn't far wrong. One day we rode a very hilly
100 miles from one hotel to another and there was no food available
when we arrived. Each room had a complimentary bottle of white wine in
the refrigerator and we had drunk our two bottles before anyone else
arrived. What I'm saying is that you may have more in common with
multisport than you realize.

Bret

"Maple Tree" <[email protected]> writes:

> Hi, for hot weather is there a particular company that is producing the best
> material and shirts for road racing/touring ?

For racing, by definition the best company is the one that produces
your team kit, and since changing suppliers is enough of a PITA
(not unlike our supplier's shorts BTW), you are most likely stuck with
whatever somebody chose way back when...

(Me, I like Giordana, but I couldn't possibly tell if it's just the
clothes or that subtle product placement on "Friends" aeons ago.)

On Jun 15, 3:46 pm, "Maple Tree" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi, for hot weather is there a particular company that is producing the best
> material and shirts for road racing/touring ?
>
> Thanks

there is a company called cycling wear which these guys sell. They
have perforated side panels which made the jersdeys really cool plus
they have full front zippers
check them out
http://www.bikingthings.com

On Jun 16, 6:00 am, [email protected] wrote:
> On Jun 15, 3:46 pm, "Maple Tree" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Hi, for hot weather is there a particular company that is producing the best
> > material and shirts for road racing/touring ?

> > Thanks

> there is a company called cycling wear which these guys sell. They
> have perforated side panels which made the jersdeys really cool plus
> they have full front zippers
> check them outhttp://www.bikingthings.com

Very cool: "The shirt that will chill them. ™"
-Paul

On Jun 16, 6:00 am, [email protected] wrote:

> there is a company called cycling wear which these guys sell. They
> have perforated side panels which made the jersdeys really cool plus
> they have full front zippers
> check them outhttp://www.bikingthings.com

Dumbass -

Ass.os is the most expensive and therefore the best

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> On Jun 16, 6:00 am, [email protected] wrote:
>> there is a company called cycling wear which these guys sell. They
>> have perforated side panels which made the jersdeys really cool plus
>> they have full front zippers
>> check them outhttp://www.bikingthings.com

> Dumbass -
>

> Ass.os is the most expensive and therefore the best

The bikingthings jerseys come in XXXL.

Bob Schwartz

On Jun 15, 10:32 pm, RicodJour <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Jun 15, 4:46 pm, "Maple Tree" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Hi, for hot weather is there a particular company that is producing the best
> > material and shirts for road racing/touring ?

> Hey Sparky, a few observations:
> 1).  You're a ******.  Maybe not a particularly insightful
> observation, but I thought we should get it out of the way up front.
> 2).  People that wear flip flops while riding to the beach wear
> shirts, usually of the T or wife beater variety.  Most people wear
> jerseys.
> 3).  I have no idea what you mean by best.  When you say best do you
> mean everyone agrees they're the best, best value, best fit, best
> looking or what?
> 4).  Racing isn't touring, but I'm sure you could pick up a nifty USPS
> LANCE jersey on eBay and be the absolute coolest guy in the sag wagon
> either way!

You're a worse snob than the OP, Rico. What sort of a name is Rico
anyway for a grown man? -- AJ

On Jun 16, 6:44 pm, Andre Jute <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Jun 15, 10:32 pm, RicodJour <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Jun 15, 4:46 pm, "Maple Tree" <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Hi, for hot weather is there a particular company that is producing the best
> > > material and shirts for road racing/touring ?

> > Hey Sparky, a few observations:
> > 1). You're a ******. Maybe not a particularly insightful
> > observation, but I thought we should get it out of the way up front.
> > 2). People that wear flip flops while riding to the beach wear
> > shirts, usually of the T or wife beater variety. Most people wear
> > jerseys.
> > 3). I have no idea what you mean by best. When you say best do you
> > mean everyone agrees they're the best, best value, best fit, best
> > looking or what?
> > 4). Racing isn't touring, but I'm sure you could pick up a nifty USPS
> > LANCE jersey on eBay and be the absolute coolest guy in the sag wagon
> > either way!

> You're a worse snob than the OP, Rico. What sort of a name is Rico
> anyway for a grown man? -- AJ

Hey! I take exception to that! At no point did the OP come across as
a snob. A rube, a newb and a ****, sure, but never a snob.

You're named after carpet padding, so you shouldn't be bringing the
smack on names.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=jute
:)~

On Jun 17, 12:03 am, RicodJour <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Jun 16, 6:44 pm, Andre Jute <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Hey Sparky, a few observations:
> > > 1).  You're a ******.  Maybe not a particularly insightful
> > > observation, but I thought we should get it out of the way up front.
> > > 2).  People that wear flip flops while riding to the beach wear
> > > shirts, usually of the T or wife beater variety.  Most people wear
> > > jerseys.
> > > 3).  I have no idea what you mean by best.  When you say best do you
> > > mean everyone agrees they're the best, best value, best fit, best
> > > looking or what?
> > > 4).  Racing isn't touring, but I'm sure you could pick up a nifty USPS
> > > LANCE jersey on eBay and be the absolute coolest guy in the sag wagon
> > > either way!

> > You're a worse snob than the OP, Rico. What sort of a name is Rico
> > anyway for a grown man? -- AJ

> Hey!  I take exception to that!  At no point did the OP come across as
> a snob.  A rube, a newb and a ****, sure, but never a snob.
>
> You're named after carpet padding, so you shouldn't be bringing the
> smack on names.http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=jute

All kinds of stuff and places are named for members of my family; it
happens when you've been around a while: look up the Angles, the
Saxons and the Jutes. LOL. -- AJ

In article <[email protected]>,
Ted van de Weteringe <[email protected]> wrote:

> Bret schreef:
> > Speaking of multisport folks, I was recently riding in Tuscany with a
> > former Hawaii Ironman winner (SM) and the guy has a beer at every rest
> > stop.

> Is it to forget about his crimes against humanity?
> http://www.scottmolina.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=1&pos=1

Yes, but...

<http://www.worldcycling.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=LEMDV

In article
<58c50885-d063-41c3-bbcd-3c7e998f165a@m73g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
Bret <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Jun 15, 9:34 pm, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
> > In article
> > <3b156acb-c300-4d88-8f3a-b350bd00a...@f36g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>,
> >

> >  Bret <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > You can in Colorado:

> > > 11.3.1 All riders must wear jerseys. Sleeveless jerseys are permitted.
> > > All riders must wear cycling shorts. No article of clothing may
> > > be worn that serves solely an aerodynamic purpose.
> > > Bret

> > That's it, Colorado is on my list. What next, TTs with swim and run
> > stages?
> >
> > It's a slippery slope!
> >
> > --
> > Ryan Cousineau [email protected]://www.wiredcola.com/
> > "In other newsgroups, they killfile trolls."
> > "In rec.bicycles.racing, we coach them."

> I think this has more to do with sleeveless MTB'rs than multisport
> folks. One of the guys involved with the ACA rule book also promoted a
> Tuesday night series race series that would attract a diverse and
> occasionally sleeveless clientele. Being a lawyer in real life and a
> stickler for rules he would have to turn the sleeve deprived away
> until the rule was changed.
>
> Speaking of multisport folks, I was recently riding in Tuscany with a
> former Hawaii Ironman winner (SM) and the guy has a beer at every rest
> stop. He would order a beer and then the Italians would assume that I
> wanted one too which wasn't far wrong. One day we rode a very hilly
> 100 miles from one hotel to another and there was no food available
> when we arrived. Each room had a complimentary bottle of white wine in
> the refrigerator and we had drunk our two bottles before anyone else
> arrived. What I'm saying is that you may have more in common with
> multisport than you realize.

Clearly your friend has recovered from his previous folly. Also, one
swallow does not a Summer make, and beer goes as well with swimming as
knees do with jogging.

On Jun 15, 1:46 pm, "Maple Tree" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi, for hot weather is there a particular company that is producing the best
> material and shirts for road racing/touring ?
>
> Thanks

Dear Crossposting Madone Maroon,

There are many shirts. This one may not be the best,
but it's a good start:

http://www.tobi.com/product/9423-helmut-lang-stretch-poplin-dress-shirt-button-down-shirts-solid

For those of you who prefer basic black, perhaps:

http://shop.doverstreetmarket.com/product_info.php?products_id=867

You're in luck, both are in stock in XL. But no XXL,
sorry. For more ideas, perhaps try doing a little bit
of your own research. I suggest a daily visit to
http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/

Ben
RBR Style Man

Bob Schwartz wrote:
> Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
>> On Jun 16, 6:00 am, [email protected] wrote:
>>> there is a company called cycling wear which these guys sell. They
>>> have perforated side panels which made the jersdeys really cool plus
>>> they have full front zippers
>>> check them outhttp://www.bikingthings.com

>> Dumbass -
>>

>> Ass.os is the most expensive and therefore the best

> The bikingthings jerseys come in XXXL.

Now I'm torn.

As a typical fatty master, the XXXL size is important. From a
spectators' point of view, if nothing else. So the bikingthings jersey
might be a good thing.

On the other hand, the XXXL size would mean that I'd be paying less per
square cm of material. THAT'S sure to slow me down. So the bikingthings
jersey would be a BAD thing.

I need to find a place that will sell me one at an especially high price.

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 16:46:44 -0400, in rec.bicycles.tech "Maple Tree"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi, for hot weather is there a particular company that is producing the best
>material and shirts for road racing/touring ?
>
>Thanks

I'm interested in the replies. I would add one constraint: it can't
look silly! I have to be able to wear it into lecture without feeling
like my students are all laughing at me.

Jones

On Jun 17, 8:00 am, !Jones <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 16:46:44 -0400, in rec.bicycles.tech "Maple Tree"
>
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >Hi, for hot weather is there a particular company that is producing the best
> >material and shirts for road racing/touring ?

> I'm interested in the replies. I would add one constraint: it can't
> look silly! I have to be able to wear it into lecture without feeling
> like my students are all laughing at me.

You must be new to the world of the Beau Brummels. Fashion is
_supposed_ to look silly. People are _supposed_ to laugh and point at
you. How else would you know they're watching?

Once you get over your shyness about fashionable shirts, you should,
ahem, branch out into fashionable trousers and pants. Here is one
bloke that would be quick on the poke due to his very fashionable
leggings.
http://www.amazing-planet.net/slike/underwear/codpiece.jpg

RBR Fashion Columnist and Fop

!Jones wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 16:46:44 -0400, in rec.bicycles.tech "Maple Tree"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Hi, for hot weather is there a particular company that is producing the best
>> material and shirts for road racing/touring ?
>>
>> Thanks

> I'm interested in the replies. I would add one constraint: it can't
> look silly! I have to be able to wear it into lecture without feeling
> like my students are all laughing at me.
>
> Jones

The best material I have used is Coolmax. I typically just wear Coolmax
t-shirts. I have a drawer full of conventional jerseys that I stopped
wearing long ago. Coolmax t's used to be available for $10 or so, but
they last so long I haven't bought any new ones in years. I found a
Coolmax polo shirt at an outdoor store, looks like any other polo shirt
but doesn't get soggy like cotton ones.