SHIRTS: Which One Is Best ??

On Jun 17, 1:29 am, Ted van de Weteringe
<[email protected]> wrote:
> [email protected] schreef:
>
> > For those of you who prefer basic black, perhaps:
> >http://shop.doverstreetmarket.com/product_info.php?products_id=867

> £140?! Holy ****. Does it have backpockets at least? (And is _that_
> supposed to be slim fit?)

CDG = Comme des Garcons. Nobody said looking
good was going to be cheap. For high style, you're
supposed to live in a tiny flat in London or New York
and have it sparsely furnished with angular modern
furniture and only have space for three or so outfits,
so you can buy expensive shirts. And I'm pretty
certain that it really is slim fit.

Ben

On Jun 17, 10:22 am, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> On Jun 17, 1:29 am, Ted van de Weteringe
>
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > [email protected] schreef:

> > > For those of you who prefer basic black, perhaps:
> > >http://shop.doverstreetmarket.com/product_info.php?products_id=867

> > £140?! Holy ****. Does it have backpockets at least? (And is _that_
> > supposed to be slim fit?)

> CDG = Comme des Garcons. Nobody said looking
> good was going to be cheap. For high style, you're
> supposed to live in a tiny flat in London or New York
> and have it sparsely furnished with angular modern
> furniture and only have space for three or so outfits,
> so you can buy expensive shirts. And I'm pretty
> certain that it really is slim fit.
>
> Ben

That you know this is disquieting.

In article <[email protected]>,
!Jones <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 16:46:44 -0400, in rec.bicycles.tech "Maple Tree"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Hi, for hot weather is there a particular company that is producing the best
> >material and shirts for road racing/touring ?
> >
> >Thanks

> I'm interested in the replies. I would add one constraint: it can't
> look silly! I have to be able to wear it into lecture without feeling
> like my students are all laughing at me.

Remember Meg Ryan to Tom Hanks in Joe versus the Volcano?

"That outfit's wearing you, Felix"

Stand up straight.
Be comfortable in your own skin.
Wear clothes you like.
You will be in style.

Find a good tailor.
Have him fit your jackets and trousers for you,
including the ones you own now.
Do not allow the store fit your clothes.

--
Michael Press

In article
<[email protected]>,
RicodJour <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Jun 17, 8:00 am, !Jones <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 16:46:44 -0400, in rec.bicycles.tech "Maple Tree"
> >
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> > >Hi, for hot weather is there a particular company that is producing the best
> > >material and shirts for road racing/touring ?

> > I'm interested in the replies. I would add one constraint: it can't
> > look silly! I have to be able to wear it into lecture without feeling
> > like my students are all laughing at me.

> You must be new to the world of the Beau Brummels. Fashion is
> _supposed_ to look silly. People are _supposed_ to laugh and point at
> you. How else would you know they're watching?
>
> Once you get over your shyness about fashionable shirts, you should,
> ahem, branch out into fashionable trousers and pants. Here is one
> bloke that would be quick on the poke due to his very fashionable
> leggings.
> http://www.amazing-planet.net/slike/underwear/codpiece.jpg

> RBR Fashion Columnist and Fop

The damn things are made out of jute.