shmagma

Jm

Guest
[ shmagma ]

Anyone fromt the BC area care to comment on just wtf this word means?

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, JM wrote:

> [ shmagma ] Anyone fromt the BC area care to comment on just wtf this word means?

from www.dictionary.com

smegma

\Smeg"ma\, n. [NL., fr. Gr. ???? soap, fr. ????? to wash off.] (Physiol.) The matter secreted by any
of the sebaceous glands. Specifically: (a) The soapy substance covering the skin of newborn infants.
(b) The cheesy, sebaceous matter which collects between the glans penis and the foreskin.

for more info see: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=smegma

I don't want to know why you asked :)

--gvg

The contents of this e-mail and any accompanying documentation is confidential and any use thereof,
in whatever form, by anyone other than the addressee for whom it is intended, is strictly
prohibited.

JM <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> [ shmagma ]
>
> Anyone fromt the BC area care to comment on just wtf this word means?

Looks like a corruption of 'smegma', AKA 'knob cheese' - learn to wash properly, and you'll hear
that word less.

',;~}

HTH, HAND.

Shaun aRe

> "JM" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > [ shmagma ]
> >
> > Anyone fromt the BC area care to comment on just wtf this word means?
> >

> I won't coment directly, but I will let you know it is correctly spelled "smegma."
>
> Chris

ok, I think it's a reference to a bike someone doesn't like, just like a "cracknfail"

http://www.mtbreview.com/reviews/Bike_full/product_74247.shtml

so , do I get a prize?

penny

> Penny S. <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > > I won't coment directly, but I will let you know it is correctly
spelled
> > > "smegma."
> > >
> > > Chris
> > >

> > ok, I think it's a reference to a bike someone doesn't like, just like a "cracknfail"
> >
> > http://www.mtbreview.com/reviews/Bike_full/product_74247.shtml
> >

> > so , do I get a prize?
> >
> > penny
>
> Bloody show off.
>
> Shaun aRe

heh, I got it right away. I was waiting to see if anyone else would.

Penny

Penny S. <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "JM" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > [ shmagma ]
> > >
> > > Anyone fromt the BC area care to comment on just wtf this word means?
> > >

> > I won't coment directly, but I will let you know it is correctly spelled "smegma."
> >
> > Chris
> >

> ok, I think it's a reference to a bike someone doesn't like, just like a "cracknfail"
>
> http://www.mtbreview.com/reviews/Bike_full/product_74247.shtml
>

> so , do I get a prize?
>
> penny

Bloody show off.

Shaun aRe

> ok, I think it's a reference to a bike someone doesn't like, just like a "cracknfail"
> http://www.mtbreview.com/reviews/Bike_full/product_74247.shtml
>

> so , do I get a prize?
>
> penny

Actually, the scientific explanation is as such:

"Analogous to tears, smegma is the compilation of secretions by ectopic sebaceous glands located
in the prepuce, the seminal secretions of the Cowper's gland and the prostate, the mucin content
of the secretions of the urethral glands, and the sloughed epithelial cells. It provides the
necessary mucosal lubricant and moisturizer and is rich in sexual pheromones. The prepuce normally
prevents detection of this phenomenally charged scent until the glans is exposed at the time
erection takes place."

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

Carla A-G <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > ok, I think it's a reference to a bike someone doesn't like, just like a "cracknfail"
> > http://www.mtbreview.com/reviews/Bike_full/product_74247.shtml
> >

> > so , do I get a prize?
> >
> > penny
>
> Actually, the scientific explanation is as such:
>
> "Analogous to tears, smegma is the compilation of secretions by ectopic sebaceous glands located
> in the prepuce, the seminal secretions of the Cowper's gland and the prostate, the mucin content
> of the secretions of
the
> urethral glands, and the sloughed epithelial cells. It provides the necessary mucosal lubricant
> and moisturizer and is rich in sexual pheromones. The prepuce normally prevents detection of this
> phenomenally charged scent until the glans is exposed at the time erection takes
place."

Thanks Carla - I hope no one is reading this over lunch - mine was hours ago, but it still nearly
escaped......

Shaun aRe

Penny S. <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> > Penny S. <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> means?

> spelled

> > > ok, I think it's a reference to a bike someone doesn't like, just like
> > > "cracknfail"
> > >
> > > http://www.mtbreview.com/reviews/Bike_full/product_74247.shtml
> > >

> > > so , do I get a prize?
> > >
> > > penny
> >
> > Bloody show off.
> >
> > Shaun aRe
>
> heh, I got it right away. I was waiting to see if anyone else would.

Ok Penny - no one likes a gloater ',;~P``````

Shaun aRe - heh!

Carla A-G wrote:

>> ok, I think it's a reference to a bike someone doesn't like, just like a "cracknfail"
>> http://www.mtbreview.com/reviews/Bike_full/product_74247.shtml
>>

>> so , do I get a prize?
>>
>> penny
>
> Actually, the scientific explanation is as such:
>
> "Analogous to tears, smegma is the compilation of secretions by ectopic sebaceous glands located
> in the prepuce,

Carla, as a totally proponent of non-circumscion (genital mutilation of boy babies) www.nocirc.org.
I know plenty about smegma. The original poster asked about "shmagma" in reference to BC and
biking... which I took a totally different angle on...

Penny

> Actually, the scientific explanation is as such:
>
> "Analogous to tears, smegma is the compilation of secretions by ectopic sebaceous glands located
> in the prepuce, the seminal secretions of the Cowper's gland and the prostate, the mucin content
> of the secretions of
the
> urethral glands, and the sloughed epithelial cells. It provides the necessary mucosal lubricant
> and moisturizer and is rich in sexual pheromones. The prepuce normally prevents detection of this
> phenomenally charged scent until the glans is exposed at the time erection takes
place."

Oooh, baby.

Bill "too bad I quit smoking" S.

(Yeah, Shaun, I know: Try K.Y. or "summink"!)

> Carla, as a totally proponent of non-circumscion (genital mutilation of
boy
> babies) www.nocirc.org. I know plenty about smegma. The original poster asked about "shmagma" in
> reference to BC and biking... which I took a totally different angle on...
>
> Penny

I wasn't questioning your knowledge of smegma nor male child circumcision. Someone in a previous
post mentioned "smegma", I simply provided a medical explanation of it, taken from a site. I didn't
even know what it was until I looked it up. Why get so offended?

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

Carla A-G wrote:
>> Carla, as a totally proponent of non-circumscion (genital mutilation of boy babies)
>> www.nocirc.org. I know plenty about smegma. The original poster asked about "shmagma" in
>> reference to BC and biking... which I took a totally different angle on...
>>
>> Penny
>
> I wasn't questioning your knowledge of smegma nor male child circumcision. Someone in a previous
> post mentioned "smegma", I simply provided a medical explanation of it, taken from a site. I
> didn't even know what it was until I looked it up. Why get so offended?

Sorry, on my news reader that was like the 4th definition of smegma that someone had posted...I
guess I thought everyone knew what it was!!! Sheesh, falls into the "assume" category..sorry...
crawls away.

Maybe we could be back to why someone would call a bike a shmagma?

penny