shock issues

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Frank, Jun 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank

Frank Guest

I got Insync Grind 320 shocks that came with my Trek. I notice the shocks are kinda 'sticky' at the
    top. If I hold my bike still, and then press down so that the shock compresses about an inch, it
    sticks there and dosen't bounce back up unless i actually pull up the bike... I tried adding in a
    little chain lube around the seal area but that didn't help.

is this a service/warranty issue?

Tags:

2. Carla A-G

Carla A-G Guest

"Frank" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I got Insync Grind 320 shocks that came with my Trek. I notice the shocks are kinda 'sticky' at
    > the top. If I hold my bike
    still,
    > and then press down so that the shock compresses about an inch, it sticks there and dosen't bounce
    > back up unless i actually pull up the bike... I tried adding in a little chain lube around the
    > seal area but that didn't help.
    >
    > is this a service/warranty issue?

Use your fork as a stake to support your tomato plants as they grow, then, go out and get a
    Marzocchi for your bike.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

3. Mtbchip

Mtbchip Guest

in article [email protected], Carla A-G at [email protected] wrote on
    6/13/03 9:34 PM:

> "Frank" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> I got Insync Grind 320 shocks that came with my Trek. I notice the shocks are kinda 'sticky' at
    >> the top. If I hold my bike
    > still,
    >> and then press down so that the shock compresses about an inch, it sticks there and dosen't
    >> bounce back up unless i actually pull up the bike... I tried adding in a little chain lube around
    >> the seal area but that didn't help.
    >>
    >> is this a service/warranty issue?
    >
    > Use your fork as a stake to support your tomato plants as they grow, then, go out and get a
    > Marzocchi for your bike.
    >

That about sums it up...........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.