Shock news: Armstrong dodges his own drug testers !

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by whiteboytrash, Dec 1, 2008.

1. whiteboytrash

whiteboytrash New Member

So far, no results have been published and according to the Associated Press (AP), Catlin has admitted that he hasn't yet tested Armstrong.

When asked about the lack of visible test results, Armstrong told AP: "It's a tough thing to organize, but we will make it happen."

"We're working as quickly as we can to get everyone coordinated, but it's not that simple."

"The program we want to do is going to be intensive," Catlin said. "And he's a moving target. He's very busy. Keeping up with him, testing him, takes a lot of planning and it hasn't all come together yet."
    ____

How can he build a baseline of blood levels if he can't test the farker ?

Tags:

2. poulidor

poulidor New Member

Armstrong tries to dodge everyone everytime. Lying and cheating make his live.

3. slovakguy

slovakguy Active Member

i applaud catlin's diligence in making sure he has something in place by the tour down under. that should give lance just enough time to get his blood values all doped up and stabilised for his biological passport. i suppose they could use some of his past samples, but, golly, how those french would contaminate all of them just to rain on his parade.

4. Eldrack

Eldrack New Member

Why do I suddenly feel like laughing? Whole thing is a complete joke. The UCI should give him out of competition tests every day so he can live up to his self proclaimed title of 'most tested athlete evaaar'.

5. whiteboytrash

whiteboytrash New Member

Not sure if anyone read CycleSport this month. Good interview with Armstrong. Couple of things. He claims that he doesn't know his Vo2 MAX and the last test he did was when he was 16. He also said his hemocrit going into the 2003 Tour was 39 ! No farking chance. He said it goes up to 46 when riding the Tour. I'll copy some of it in later as the interviewer asked all the right questions. ie Why have so many former US Postal riders tested positive ?

6. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

I read the interview yesterday.
    And what you posted above was published in the interview.

The article made it clear that there had been a stand off between them and Armstrong for a number of years, because CS had continued to ask the hard questions about doping in the sport.
    It also said that Armstrong denied ever having banned certain journalists from his press conferences.
    (which is a lie - because several prominent sports journalists were barred from attending press conferences).

Armstrong was very evasive on the question of he managed to win cleanly when all his opposition have been deemed to have doped.
    His fallback position was "I can't prove that I didn't take anything. I passed all the tests etc"

The CS article stated that it (CS) continued to plough on asking the hard questions.
    The only apparent concession by Armstrong was that the naysayers were losing their cool over something as trivial as sport.

I like the bit where the editor, leaving Armstrong's house, said that when he looked at the wealth surrounding Armstrong that the issue of doping was anything but trivial (given the material wealth gained by Armstrong).

I thought it was a good interview.

7. whiteboytrash

whiteboytrash New Member

Yes it was good interview. The last part which you mention Armstrong scowled at the interviewer and said: "Calm down. Its only cycling. ITS. ONLY. CYCLING". That’s when he looked at the perfect house, the 5 cars in the driveway and the riverview setting and thought: "No its not Lance".

8. Flyer

Flyer Banned

eerr

9. K'Ching

K'Ching New Member

Isn't that basically a confession? I'm no expert but I think that's impossible without the aid of PED's.

10. Wayne666

Wayne666 New Member

Exceedingly unlikely. There was a paper published back in the '80s (i.e. pre-EPO existence), which I can't seem to locate anymore, that looked at blood parameters of riders during a GT. IIRC, based on the reported changes in means and the standard deviations, almost every rider's hct dropped by a good bit but a few riders may have maintained or had a slight increase. So seeing how only a handful of riders bucked the general decrease of several hct points, if any one riders would actual increase by a huge amount, I'd be mighty suspicious. The person would have have to have been an far outlier. And it's likely some (or many) riders might have been on anabolic steroids or HgH (was this available then?), or maybe even blood doping and thus potentially attenuating the natural drop in hct.

11. Flyer

Flyer Banned

reeeww

12. Flyer

Flyer Banned

reeeeww

13. doctorSpoc

doctorSpoc New Member

LOL!!! except for every other human being hematocrit is supposed to go down from hard riding... oh... well not everyone's... Tyler Hamilton's used to go from 37 off season to 49.7 just before target competitions too... that's kind of odd eh??? what a joker!!

seems Armstrong has gone to the Canary Islands early this year... looks like he needs to get to Ferrari's bag of goodies early this year...

14. Flyer

Flyer Banned

eerrr

15. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

In fairness to Armstrong, in the published interview he did say that he could not recall his haemocrit level when specifically asked about it.

Which throws up another anomaly.

The PR machine will tell you that this particular rider weighed his food, was surrounded by statistics for heart rate/metabolic rates/wattage rates etc.........in other words he was surrounded by statistics if the blurb is to be believed.

16. Rolfrae

Rolfrae New Member

Yes, the man who controlled the minutiae of his sporting life now doesn't even recall if he was at the farking Tour or not. He's currently at a training camp and hasn't yet had an out of compeition doping control taken. In fact he's not going to have any controls taken until he starts racing, so all he has to do is maintain a level all the way through the season--perfect for someone who wants to ride from January through to July at the top level. He shouldn't just fear attack from the French fans at the Tour, the Texan twat better watch out for an angry Scotsman standing at the roadside this July.

17. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

Hit the nail on the head.

The amount of out of competition testing is the issue - for all athletes.
    Most doping programmes are used when riders are training.
    This allows them to train harder to "improve".
    If there was more out of compeition testing, this would help in the war against doping.

18. Trev_S

Trev_S New Member

according to Coyle's tests on Armstrong he had a Vo2 of 85ml/kg.
    or is that just a another Armstrong myth nymber?

19. poulidor

poulidor New Member

It's more than cycling because it's to steal the earning of other riders, it's mafia too with drug dealers, with corruption and threatening against people, riders, witnesses, wifes,...
    In Lance's case there is more about civil violations than sport affairs.

20. poulidor

poulidor New Member

It has been said that Lance has the same capacities as Bassons. But they have 2 differents careers!