Shock news: Astana in Spanish police raid !

Rolfrae said:
limerickman...but why is everyone picking on Armstrong.[/QUOTE said:
Cos most of the other dopers of his generation either retired or were caught.

by constantly denying it, they know that they attract attention.

Just another form of self aggrandisement.
On both the principals part and his syncophants part.

I am trying to read where I said he was doping. I think I said that when you are physically gifted, have the best equipment, plan the best and have the strongest team mates winning consistently shouldn't be a surprise. Maybe Armstrong has never failed a drug test because he hasn't doped. You would think that with all the effort trying to prove he has doped something concrete would show up. Wasn't this year's TDF one of the slowest and it was filled with dopers. Doping doesn't mean you are going to be successful.
Rolfrae said:
So you admit he was doping, just that his edge wasn't his method of doping, just the other factors added on top of his doping?

obxbes said:
I am trying to read where I said he was doping. I think I said that when you are physically gifted, have the best equipment, plan the best and have the strongest team mates winning consistently shouldn't be a surprise. Maybe Armstrong has never failed a drug test because he hasn't doped. You would think that with all the effort trying to prove he has doped something concrete would show up. Wasn't this year's TDF one of the slowest and it was filled with dopers. Doping doesn't mean you are going to be successful.
This argument has been going on for some while here and elsewhere.Maybe I can just summarise for you to save us all from going another 50 posts each on this

The Pro-Armstrong beliefs (or urban myths)
  • He is better prepared than others
  • trains harder
  • is more physically gifted
  • has a better team
  • better tactics
  • weighs his food
  • and the cancer somehow transformed him into a climbing god
"Anti" Armstrong facts
  • He climbs better than almost anyone in the history of the sport, with little perceivable effort, beating some of the sports all time dopers
  • He could hardly get through the mountain stages before he came back from cancer
I think those facts, at the very least, should stop a neutral observer in his tracks.

That they don't even raise one single doubt in your mind is good enough for me.

You and many others like you only come to the sport when there is a partisan element to it -- when your hero does a turn. When he is not there, you disappear too.

Cycling is was and will always be bigger than just one rider or race.

wicklow200 said:
You and many others like you only come to the sport when there is a partisan element to it -- when your hero does a turn. When he is not there, you disappear too.

Nail on the head, 200

wicklow200 said:
Cycling is was and will always be bigger than just one rider or race.

Agreed 100%.