Shock news: Astana in Spanish police raid !

Nice WBT, every considered working for a tabloid? You have just the right knack for taking a story and completely blowing it out of proportion with an audacious title.:D

Edit: The law in question is actually pretty stupid. Either make everyone wear helmets or no one. In fact you could argue that pro's need the helmets more given how many miles they do.

It's full coherent with spaniard laws, pro can dope, have fuentes' agencies. Their health is not a problem when they can entertain the masses like it was during gladiators' period!

poulidor said:
It's full coherent with spaniard laws, pro can dope, have fuentes' agencies. Their health is not a problem when they can entertain the masses like it was during gladiators' period!
ree

obxbes said:
White boy do you ever actually ride a bicycle or do you just sit on your computer googling Lance Armstrong? Get a life. Lance riding again has given you a renewed reason for existence. Iamreally looking forward to Lance riding again and kicking the butt of all these supposedly clean new young riders.
Yes I think WhiteBoy rode the l'Etape de Tour this year. Am I right?

I think the point is, if LA had stayed retired, then most of us would have been content to try to forget him. As it stands, he's back in our sport with his fairytales of superhuman endeavour.

wicklow200 said:

I think the point is, if LA had stayed retired, then most of us would have been content to try to forget him. As it stands, he's back in our sport with his fairytales of superhuman endeavour.
..and riding Ventoux next year ! I'm a modern day legend ! :p

I have the following photo on my wall to act as inspiration:

whiteboytrash said:
..and riding Ventoux next year ! I'm a modern day legend ! :p

I have the following photo on my wall to act as inspiration:

Dude - if you're doing Ventoux next year you HAVE to o this:

An awful lot of climbing: the Club des Cinglés du Mont Ventoux, 30th August 2008

"N'est pas fou qui monte au Ventoux, mais est bien fou qui y retourne". This saying, which translates as "You're not mad to climb the Ventoux, but you're a right nutter if you go back and do it again" is quoted in the letter you get from Christian Pic when you sign up to join the 'Club des Cinglés du Mont Ventoux' -- and it explains the origins of the club's name, which means the 'Club of Mont Ventoux Madmen'.

To become a Cinglé, you simply have to send Monsieur Pic proof that you've been up three times, by the three main road routes, in one day. The whole thing seemed like a great idea when we discussed it after a few beers, so we sent off for our stamp cards and instructions - and on August 30th, we started the challenge.

From: http://veloclubbeverley.org.uk/Ride_Stories/cingles08.htm

Enjoy!

wicklow200 said:

The point is this forum is proof that these folks live their lives to blog about LA. These folks do not want to forget about him and thats pretty obvious from their attitude about him. At least now they really have something to talk about and they don't have to bring up rumors and he said she said from years gone by.

leerobbs said:
The point is this forum is proof that these folks live their lives to blog about LA. These folks do not want to forget about him and thats pretty obvious from their attitude about him. At least now they really have something to talk about and they don't have to bring up rumors and he said she said from years gone by.
**** you are a sook. Typical seppo.

Eldron said:
Dude - if you're doing Ventoux next year you HAVE to o this:

An awful lot of climbing: the Club des Cinglés du Mont Ventoux, 30th August 2008

"N'est pas fou qui monte au Ventoux, mais est bien fou qui y retourne". This saying, which translates as "You're not mad to climb the Ventoux, but you're a right nutter if you go back and do it again" is quoted in the letter you get from Christian Pic when you sign up to join the 'Club des Cinglés du Mont Ventoux' -- and it explains the origins of the club's name, which means the 'Club of Mont Ventoux Madmen'.

To become a Cinglé, you simply have to send Monsieur Pic proof that you've been up three times, by the three main road routes, in one day. The whole thing seemed like a great idea when we discussed it after a few beers, so we sent off for our stamp cards and instructions - and on August 30th, we started the challenge.

From: http://veloclubbeverley.org.uk/Ride_Stories/cingles08.htm

Enjoy!

Excellent link - sounds like a pretty tough but rewarding day.

leerobbs said:
Yeah I know, its better to call numerous eye witness accounts and hard facts hearsay

Its all out there my friend. But I think most people here were prepared to forget about Lance until he announced he was going to rub it all in our faces one more time again next year with his "miracles"

The only facts out there are from people who have a hidden agenda or are being paid to make statements. This years tour season will probably be the most watched ever. For all the greif people have given Armstrong they deserve to have it thrown back in their faces.
wicklow200 said:
Yeah I know, its better to call numerous eye witness accounts and hard facts hearsay

Its all out there my friend. But I think most people here were prepared to forget about Lance until he announced he was going to rub it all in our faces one more time again next year with his "miracles"

obxbes said:
The only facts out there are from people who have a hidden agenda or are being paid to make statements. This years tour season will probably be the most watched ever. For all the greif people have given Armstrong they deserve to have it thrown back in their faces.
Yeah well we all tuned in all over the world to watch the world trade centre towers fall on their **** too. People cant help themselves watching train wrecks.

It is the holy grail of any cycling purist - find a way to destroy Armstrong by uncovering his ********. I'd watch that train wreck. Let's hope its part of the 2009 TDF show.

Ullrich got destroyed, Landis partially. The sport needs to destroy Armstrong - it would be a good catalyst for change.

obxbes said:
Yes they all have a hidden agenda. All of them, including all of France. :rolleyes:

You call that grief? Man, his performances dont add up. He beats all-comers 7 years in a row in RECORD BREAKING times? And those beaten included dopers up to their eyeballs in PEDs. And all without hardly breaking sweat etc etc.

The tour will be the most watched next year? So what the hell does that prove about Armdopes's innocence? He has become a curiosity, a freak show. People are always attracted to that.

wicklow200 said:
Yes they all have a hidden agenda. All of them, including all of France. :rolleyes:

You call that grief? Man, his performances dont add up. He beats all-comers 7 years in a row in RECORD BREAKING times? And those beaten included dopers up to their eyeballs in PEDs. And all without hardly breaking sweat etc etc.

The tour will be the most watched next year? So what the hell does that prove about Armdopes's innocence? He has become a curiosity, a freak show. People are always attracted to that.
I can't understand that there are still people out there who believe that Armstrong didn't dope because he never failed a dope test. Let's not forget that his greatest and closest rival, Ullrich, also never failed a dope test (I'm not including his off-season disco pills). Ullrich was just unlucky enough that his doctor was busted. Armstrong's wasn't. The exact same can be said for Basso and for Beloki...

I guess when you training harder than anybody preparing mechanically and strategically better than anybody and then have the strongest support team doesn't count for anything. Armsrong has the deck stacked in his favor but it isn't because of doping.
wicklow200 said:

obxbes said:
I guess when you training harder than anybody preparing mechanically and strategically better than anybody and then have the strongest support team doesn't count for anything. Armsrong has the deck stacked in his favor but it isn't because of doping.
So you admit he was doping, just that his edge wasn't his method of doping, just the other factors added on top of his doping?

Rolfrae said:
So you admit he was doping, just that his edge wasn't his method of doping, just the other factors added on top of his doping?

I think what he's trying to say is that Armstrong doped but why is everyone picking on Armstrong.