Shock pumps? Decent and cheap?

GWood

Guest
I see them from anywhere between $15 and $65. Any decent models at the
lower end of that price range? Looking mainly to keep a couple of older Fox
Vanillas up to decent pressure - they tend to lose a bit over several rides.

GWood wrote:
> I see them from anywhere between $15 and $65. Any decent models at the
> lower end of that price range? Looking mainly to keep a couple of older Fox
> Vanillas up to decent pressure - they tend to lose a bit over several rides.

Send them to Push.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> GWood wrote:
>> I see them from anywhere between $15 and $65. Any decent models at
>> the lower end of that price range? Looking mainly to keep a couple
>> of older Fox Vanillas up to decent pressure - they tend to lose a
>> bit over several rides.

> Send them to Push.

And then he won't need a shock pump? Wow, those guys ARE miracle workers!

Bill "the cheapie Performance one works fine" S.

Bill Sornson wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>
>>GWood wrote:
>>
>>>I see them from anywhere between $15 and $65. Any decent models at
>>>the lower end of that price range? Looking mainly to keep a couple
>>>of older Fox Vanillas up to decent pressure - they tend to lose a
>>>bit over several rides.

>>Send them to Push.

> And then he won't need a shock pump? Wow, those guys ARE miracle workers!
>
> Bill "the cheapie Performance one works fine" S.

No, but they'll fix his leak and update the guts.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> Bill Sornson wrote:
>> Ride-A-Lot wrote:

>>> Send them to Push.

>> And then he won't need a shock pump? Wow, those guys ARE miracle
>> workers! Bill "the cheapie Performance one works fine" S.
>>

> No, but they'll fix his leak and update the guts.

Now if I could just find a doctor like that...

Bill "chronic" S.

GWood wrote:
> I see them from anywhere between $15 and $65. Any decent models at the
> lower end of that price range? Looking mainly to keep a couple of older Fox
> Vanillas up to decent pressure - they tend to lose a bit over several rides.

See if the LBS has any lying around. I've two or three floating around
so I'm sure that any LBS must have them lying around, spare and unused.
If you're a regular customer they just might do a deal or a freebie for you.
--
Westie

Or just rebuild them yourself. It's pretty easy, takes an hour, and
should really be done once a year or so. Instructions on the Fox web
site. If it works fine but just leaks air, that's all you need to do.

As for the shock pump - one comes free with just about any new fork.
They're all pretty much the same. The gauge is the important part, not
the pump itself. As another poster said, your LBS may just have a
drawer full of 'em.

news:[email protected]...

http://www.cambriabike.com/shopexd.asp?id=13882
--

I've spent most of my money on mountain biking and windsurfing.
The rest, I've just wasted.