shock's travel length, spec vs. actual

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Colin

Hi all,

I have a Marzocchi MX Comp ETA fork and based on correspndence with Marzocchi (by supplying the
serial number of the fork), I was told that mine comes with 105mm travel according to the
specification.

However, my fork's travel length has been limited to only 80mm (exactly) max. I have check with my
LBS and they said that there will be some "buffer" and although the spec may say 105mm, the actual
travel may vary.

My question is that whether its normal for a "105mm" fork to have only 80mm travel? Or I am missing
something?

Also, is there such a thing as "buffer"?

BTW, I have tried riding with various air pressure (pre-load) from min to max according to
the manual, and I have also tried pushing the fork down after releasing all the air with the
same result.

Sounds to me like you have a variable travel fork (105/85) set to shorter travel. Check out page 47
of the manual about the ETA dampening. Hope this helps.

http://www.marzocchi.com/System/2604/2004-Bomber-en.pdf

Chers Jeff

"Colin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi all,
>
> I have a Marzocchi MX Comp ETA fork and based on correspndence with Marzocchi (by supplying the
> serial number of the fork), I was told that
mine
> comes with 105mm travel according to the specification.
>
> However, my fork's travel length has been limited to only 80mm (exactly) max. I have check with my
> LBS and they said that there will be some
"buffer"
> and although the spec may say 105mm, the actual travel may vary.
>
> My question is that whether its normal for a "105mm" fork to have only
80mm
> travel? Or I am missing something?
>
> Also, is there such a thing as "buffer"?
>
> BTW, I have tried riding with various air pressure (pre-load) from min to max according to
> the manual, and I have also tried pushing the fork down after releasing all the air with the
> same result.

Status
Not open for further replies.