Shockster on Aluminum Bike?

meb

New Member
Aug 21, 2003
1,219
Someone told me you can't use Shocksters on Aluminum bikes, but never proffered a reason.

Is this myth or is there a bonified reason such some sort of spreading or loading of the dropouts or some sort of bimetalic corrosion?

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 17:29:27 +1000, meb
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Someone told me you can't use Shocksters on Aluminum bikes, but never
>proffered a reason.
>
>Is this myth or is there a bonified reason such some sort of spreading
>or loading of the dropouts or some sort of bimetalic corrosion?

Given that their domain name seems to have been grabbed by a de facto
cybersquatter a while back, and in view of the age of the only
information I could find about the product, I'd expect the unit to be
a bit hard to find...but there was one being dumped on eBay for $30
with shipping. Something tells me this is a product that flopped.

As for their not being usable on aluminum bikes, this might have more
to do with the sometimes wild variations in rear triangle designs in
those bikes than it does with the inherent nature of the material. It
appears that the Shockster is largely aluminum, if the few photos and
the claimed weight of two pounds are any indication.

--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

<[email protected]> wrote:

>Is this myth or is there a bonified reason such some sort of spreading
>or loading of the dropouts or some sort of bimetalic corrosion?

Spelling pedantry: It's "Bona fide", latin for 'in good faith'.

Jasper

Jasper Janssen wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 17:29:27 +1000, meb
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Is this myth or is there a bonified reason such some sort of
>> spreading or loading of the dropouts or some sort of bimetalic
>> corrosion?

> Spelling pedantry: It's "Bona fide", latin for 'in good faith'.

Unless he meant "half chocolatized"?

(I'll grab me hat.)