Shoe "Clip" placement

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Harley, Jun 12, 2003.

  1. Harley

    Harley Guest

    I have had some knee problems; some due to previous injuries. I was having unrelated pain down the
    frt. of both knees and it was suggested I move the seat forward. I couldn't believe the improvement
    22 mm made.

    I still have some pain below my lt. kneecap and a bit to the left. It was suggested in a bicycling
    e-mail group to move the clip reward for relief. Any suggestions or advice or a starting point.
    Hopefully someone knows what will help. I didn't have any problems until I recently changed bikes. I
    have them set-up as close to possible the same. Thanks. harley

    Tags:

  2. Jeff Starr

    Jeff Starr Guest

    [email protected] (Harley) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I have had some knee problems; some due to previous injuries. I was having unrelated pain down the
    > frt. of both knees and it was suggested I move the seat forward. I couldn't believe the
    > improvement 22 mm made.
    >

    > I still have some pain below my lt. kneecap and a bit to the left. It was suggested in a bicycling
    > e-mail group to move the clip reward for relief. Any suggestions or advice or a starting point.
    > Hopefully someone knows what will help. I didn't have any problems until I recently changed bikes.
    > I have them set-up as close to possible the same. Thanks. harley

    Hi, I recently went to clipless and my knee started to bother me. I had never had a problem and
    didn't until very recently. Anyway, I read what Sheldon wrote about biking and pain:
    http://www.sheldonbrown.com/pain.html I started paying attention to how I walk and how I pedal out
    of the clips. For me I adjusted them so that my heel is inward. No more knee pain, that solved it.
    My guess is that if you set them in such a way that is worse, it will seem unnatural, when pedaling.
    But remember, all I know, is based on my minimal experience. Good luck, Jeff