Shoe Funk. (Poll inside) Need feedback please.

kleankut

Jul 22, 2013
Hi all,

I'm a newb to this forum. I come here to get some feedback if possible and I do appreciate it.

I'm a rock climber. If anyone is [COLOR= rgb(33, 33, 33)]familiar [/COLOR]with such activity you'll probably know how STINKY and disgusting the shoes get, due to climbers never wearing socks. I couldn't stand the disgusting feeling of putting my feet back in my damp climbing shoes. Of course other climbers either do it and deal with it, or just let it air dry. I felt that wasn't sufficient enough. So I recently invented a product that sufficiently clears out odor and moisture. With the simple use of our organic air. I bring up the use of cleansing because the use of powder or masking the problem with spray isnt just doesnt cut it.

The climbing community is just too small. Not only is it too small, but they're generally young, broke and cheap! I come here to ask, does the cycling community have shoe odor issues? Any and all feedback, and responses are super appreciated! Even if its negative! =) Thanks again!

PS: My product is currently in patent pending status. I wouldn't like to give much details out about the product and how it works, but if you do happen to have questions about it, Ill do my best to answer.

I'm sorry. I can't answer because I'm laughing to hard at the phrase "organic air". What is that supposed to mean?

Fresh air. Oppose to air being produced from a fan or some sort of mechanism.

I hope I can get true feedback instead of an argument of definition of organic.

Well, here's feedback: air put in motion across the shoes will dry them faster than still air. Given that, a fan is a great way to put air in motion.

Across the shoe?? You'll use a fan to blow across the shoe? Does that mean at it? Assuming this air will hit the exterior of the shoe? I believe the funk generally lies inside the shoe. But thanks anyways.

Not looking for nonsense trolls.

kleankut said:
Across the shoe?? You'll use a fan to blow across the shoe?  Does that mean at it?  Assuming this air will hit the exterior of the shoe?  I believe the funk generally lies inside the shoe.  But thanks anyways. Not looking for nonsense trolls.  
You're not looking for help then. You are aware that cycling shoes ventilate, right? You're also aware, aren't you, that the big driver for funk is persistent moisture, that the shoes take a long time to dry, allowing things to grow, right? Do you not understand how things dry and how to speed drying? Let me give a couple of hints: heat and airflow. Take a look at boot dryers and see what they're all about (hint: heat and airflow). A fan doesn't provide heat, but it does provide, uhm, airflow. So, Mr. Genius, if you point the fan so that it blows in the shoe and over it, you'll speed drying. Your "organic air" will lose that contest. Another famously effective method is to stuff newspapers in the shoes. Doing as much takes advantage of something called "absorption." You think you can figure out how that is beneficial? You can avoid the wet newspaper changing process by putting cat litter in a sock and shoving it in. You can couple those with that "non-organic air", i.e. the air moving from fan. I assume by how little you understood what I said, you were considering yourself when you mentioned "nonsense trolls". Since you've not said anything about your product, it's probably safe to assume that you've applied the same lack of thought to it.

Ha! I'm glad youre able to use google. Conveniently NOW lists all the solutions possible for shoe odors after your fan idea. LOL.

kleankut said:
Ha!  I'm glad youre able to use google.  Conveniently NOW lists all the solutions possible for shoe odors after your fan idea. LOL.  
Actually that stuff was already known. Unlike you, not everyone requires a trip to Google. Feel free to actually rebut anything mentioned with actual sense and knowledge.

"Not looking for nonsense trolls."

Good luck with that. You've found alienator...hell bent on trolling with his nonsense.

I voted "No Funk".