Shoe glue

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Taywood, Jan 26, 2003.

  1. Taywood

    Taywood Guest

    On my winter mtb boots the sole has come away from the upper, I'm told by a USian to use Shoo Goo
    which is winter proof, but I've not been able to locate a UK stockist.

    A local shoe repairer was not able to help, apart from saying not to use epoxy glue (evostick) as it
    cracks on a cold day.

    Can anyone recommend an adhesive? Mike

    Tags:

  2. Woolworths sell tubes of Toluene as additional extras to their In-step stick on plastic sole kits
    intended to repair or extend the lifespan of leather soled shoes. You could try a small section of
    your boots first but it's not the kind glue to melt stuff. It gives lab rats cancer though so do
    follow the instructions. My experience with adhesives is that the bigger the warning the better they
    are and lots of people want to ban Toluene.

    James (In Loakes!)

    "Taywood" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On my winter mtb boots the sole has come away from the upper, I'm told by a USian to use Shoo Goo
    > which is winter proof, but I've not been able to locate a UK stockist.
    >
    > A local shoe repairer was not able to help, apart from saying not to use epoxy glue (evostick) as
    > it cracks on a cold day.
    >
    > Can anyone recommend an adhesive? Mike

  3. http://www.natterjack.co.uk/acatalog/index.html?http%3A//www.natterjack.co.u
    k/acatalog/SHOE_GOO.html&CatalogBody

    "Taywood" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On my winter mtb boots the sole has come away from the upper, I'm told by a USian to use Shoo Goo
    > which is winter proof, but I've not been able to locate a UK stockist.
    >
    > A local shoe repairer was not able to help, apart from saying not to use epoxy glue (evostick) as
    > it cracks on a cold day.
    >
    > Can anyone recommend an adhesive? Mike

    ---

  4. Cicero

    Cicero Guest

    "Gerard McGrory" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    http://www.natterjack.co.uk/acatalog/index.html?http%3A//www.natterjack.co.u
    > k/acatalog/SHOE_GOO.html&CatalogBody
    >
    > "Taywood" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > On my winter mtb boots the sole has come away from the upper, I'm told by a USian to use Shoo
    > > Goo which is winter proof, but I've not been able to locate a UK stockist.
    > >
    > > A local shoe repairer was not able to help, apart from saying not to use epoxy glue (evostick)
    > > as it cracks on a cold day.
    > >
    > > Can anyone recommend an adhesive? Mike

    'Shoe goo' used to be sold in shops selling running shoes / trainers.( e.g. Olympus, Foot Locker,
    etc) As far as I can remember it isn't primarily an adhesive. It's used to build up worn sections
    such as the front toe section which gets a lot of wear on running shoes. For a more conventional
    adhesive it would be worth trying BLACK Bostik which is a good general purpose adhesive.

    Cic.