Shoe questions

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Raptor, Jun 14, 2003.

  1. Raptor

    Raptor Guest

    I have wide feet, prefer Reeboks for misc. sports because they run a little wider. I'll need a wide
    racing shoe. There are some great deals on eBay. I'd like to support my LBS, but money is very
    limited; $15 versus $100 really talks.

    I wear size 10, equivalent to a Euro 44 right? Which brands of racing shoes run wide? And can I
    expect the typical racing shoe to take Frog cleats?

  2. Lake, Nike and Pearl Izumi are known to have wider shoes. I am triple E and use Lake and Nike. Also
    Hitchcock had some sports shoes. Might check Performance and Nashbar to get some ideas as well
    before you go back to Ebay. For Misc I go a speciality sports store that sell extra wide sports
    shoes. I always get Nike, but once Avia, but yes Nikes were $100.

    http://www.lakecycling.com

    http://www.wideshoes.com

    B- "Raptor" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I have wide feet, prefer Reeboks for misc. sports because they run a little wider. I'll need a
    > wide racing shoe. There are some great deals on eBay. I'd like to support my LBS, but money is
    > very limited; $15 versus $100 really talks.
    >
    > I wear size 10, equivalent to a Euro 44 right? Which brands of racing shoes run wide? And can I
    > expect the typical racing shoe to take Frog cleats?

    > Lynn Wallace http://www.xmission.com/~lawall "I'm not proud. We really haven't done everything we
    > could to protect our customers. Our products just aren't engineered for security." --Microsoft VP
    > in charge of Windows OS Development, Brian Valentine.

  3. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    Performance has all 3 of those brands. There was a nice PI shoe for $90.

    "Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Lake, Nike and Pearl Izumi are known to have wider shoes. I am triple E
    and
    > use Lake and Nike. Also Hitchcock had some sports shoes. Might check Performance and Nashbar to
    > get some ideas as well before you go back to Ebay. For Misc I go a speciality sports store that
    > sell extra wide sports shoes. I always get Nike, but once Avia, but yes Nikes were $100.
    >
    > http://www.lakecycling.com
    >
    > http://www.wideshoes.com
    >
    > B- "Raptor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > I have wide feet, prefer Reeboks for misc. sports because they run a little wider. I'll need a
    > > wide racing shoe. There are some great deals on eBay. I'd like to support my LBS, but money is
    > > very limited; $15 versus $100 really talks.
    > >
    > > I wear size 10, equivalent to a Euro 44 right? Which brands of racing shoes run wide? And can I
    > > expect the typical racing shoe to take Frog cleats?
    > >
    > > --
    > > --
    > > Lynn Wallace http://www.xmission.com/~lawall "I'm not proud. We really haven't done everything
    > > we could to protect our customers. Our products just aren't engineered for security."
    > > --Microsoft VP in charge of Windows OS Development, Brian Valentine.

  4. Roger Ramjet

    Roger Ramjet Guest

    Shimano shoes run wide and they have great stiff carbon soles.