Shoe questions

Raptor

Guest
I have wide feet, prefer Reeboks for misc. sports because they run a little wider. I'll need a wide
racing shoe. There are some great deals on eBay. I'd like to support my LBS, but money is very
limited; $15 versus $100 really talks.

I wear size 10, equivalent to a Euro 44 right? Which brands of racing shoes run wide? And can I
expect the typical racing shoe to take Frog cleats?

Lake, Nike and Pearl Izumi are known to have wider shoes. I am triple E and use Lake and Nike. Also
Hitchcock had some sports shoes. Might check Performance and Nashbar to get some ideas as well
before you go back to Ebay. For Misc I go a speciality sports store that sell extra wide sports
shoes. I always get Nike, but once Avia, but yes Nikes were $100.

http://www.lakecycling.com

http://www.wideshoes.com

B- "Raptor" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I have wide feet, prefer Reeboks for misc. sports because they run a little wider. I'll need a
> wide racing shoe. There are some great deals on eBay. I'd like to support my LBS, but money is
> very limited; $15 versus $100 really talks.
>
> I wear size 10, equivalent to a Euro 44 right? Which brands of racing shoes run wide? And can I
> expect the typical racing shoe to take Frog cleats?

> Lynn Wallace http://www.xmission.com/~lawall "I'm not proud. We really haven't done everything we
> could to protect our customers. Our products just aren't engineered for security." --Microsoft VP
> in charge of Windows OS Development, Brian Valentine.

Performance has all 3 of those brands. There was a nice PI shoe for $90.

"Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Lake, Nike and Pearl Izumi are known to have wider shoes. I am triple E
and
> use Lake and Nike. Also Hitchcock had some sports shoes. Might check Performance and Nashbar to
> get some ideas as well before you go back to Ebay. For Misc I go a speciality sports store that
> sell extra wide sports shoes. I always get Nike, but once Avia, but yes Nikes were $100.
>
> http://www.lakecycling.com
>
> http://www.wideshoes.com
>
> B- "Raptor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > I have wide feet, prefer Reeboks for misc. sports because they run a little wider. I'll need a
> > wide racing shoe. There are some great deals on eBay. I'd like to support my LBS, but money is
> > very limited; $15 versus $100 really talks.
> >
> > I wear size 10, equivalent to a Euro 44 right? Which brands of racing shoes run wide? And can I
> > expect the typical racing shoe to take Frog cleats?
> >
> > --
> > --
> > Lynn Wallace http://www.xmission.com/~lawall "I'm not proud. We really haven't done everything
> > we could to protect our customers. Our products just aren't engineered for security."
> > --Microsoft VP in charge of Windows OS Development, Brian Valentine.

Shimano shoes run wide and they have great stiff carbon soles.