Shoe Recommendation

TylergottaC4S

Mar 28, 2007
Does anybody know of a shoe manufacturer that offers wide sizes, or is "wider" than others? I need both road and mountain shoes. My current shoes are too narrow and feet are killing me!

Thanks!

TylergottaC4S said:
Does anybody know of a shoe manufacturer that offers wide sizes, or is "wider" than others? I need both road and mountain shoes. My current shoes are too narrow and feet are killing me!
I read other people write that they think that Shimano shoes are narrow ... yet, I thought/think they are wider!

Regardless, you may want to consider getting a shoe that is a 1/2 size larger (EITHER euro OR American sizing!) than the pair(s) you are currently wearing.

alfeng said:
I read other people write that they think that Shimano shoes are narrow ... yet, I thought/think they are wider!

My experience with Shimano shoes suggests that they are oddly sized. I wear 11 or 11 1/2 shoes, which usually translates to 45 in European sizes. The Shimano sizing chart says I should wear their 46s. In fact the 45 fits me just fine. BTW, I'm an E width and the Shimanos are wide enough for me. Hats off to Sidi, though, for providing wide widths.

Another vote for shimanos if you're looking for something wide.. I got an elephants foot and the shimanos are the only shoes i found that fit reasonably well for me. They're a bit overpriced if you ask me, but your feet will be happy pea in pod.

I love my Shimano shoes. I have a size 13.5" shoe with a wide foot. I don't know the model number but it was the elite shoe from a year ago.

-Matt

TylergottaC4S said:

Thanks!
Shimano makes two wide road shoes: the SH-R151E and the SH-R215E
Here's a link for the 151:
http://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile.cfm?SKU=22839

Having said that, I love my wide Sidi Genius 5 Mega's. I did have to go 1/2 size up for best fit (from 45 to 45.5) to match my 10.5EE(US) feet. I got mine at Sunrise Cyclery:
https://shop.sunrisecyclery.com/display/1166/0/

I wear wide shoes and have had good fit with both Nike and Shimano. I wear 11 1/2 D or E and find size 45 fits.

One other item to consider. If you aren't already wearing socks that are thin, you may want to look into a pair of lightweight cycling socks. I notice a difference in the fit of my shoes when I wear cotton athletic anklet socks as compared to cycling socks. Thinner socks might help the fit.

TylergottaC4S said:

Thanks!
Try Rocket7 shoes

Try out LAKE cycling shoes. Their cycling shoes are really comfortable. I have the cx 225's They have a more rounded front to them, which makes for a wider shoe. For the price you won't find a shoe with this kind of quality and comfort. I wouldn't recommend them for racing or TT. But for an every day trainging touring shoe you can't go wrong. Check them out http://www.lakecycling.com/
TylergottaC4S said:

Thanks!