shoe

Well duh, of course you won't find any racers there wearing them for a
race. They are specifically a training shoe, designed to mimic running
barefoot without having to leave flesh in the leaves.

Based on their website

http://www.nike.com/nikefree/

they aren't really being marketed to runners, just athletes who run. I
seem to remember reading that they were only intended for a workout of
20 minutes once a week.

Oh and when did the number of colors that something comes in define its
worth?

<[email protected]> wrote:

> really....what about it? i'm not anti-nike and will wear their racing
> flats. however i am interested in your opinion in wonder what in your
> opinion makes it look, "awesome"?
>
> my opinion? piece of **** masquerading as something special. first
> of all go over to letsrun.com and look at the free 5.0? why are there
> so many damn versions/colors of this shoe? when a shoe comes out like
> a pack of "lifesavers"...that should tell you something.....need i say
> anymore?
>
> rule #1: a legit real running shoe or flat is not released in all
> these "flavors". not even nike does this with their legit flats. that
> should tip you off right there who their marketing this shoe to (and it
> ain't real runners).
>
> this is the flat experience shoe for the weekend warrior. take a good
> look at the sole on a side shot. that is not a shoe made for someone
> toe striking or ball striking. that is a shoe made for the heel
> striker. the gimmick? make it neoprene on the side/surface to make it
> feel like a "glove"....and the heel striker/weekend warrior goes,
> "wow"....look how light it is!...this is cool!....(as they heel strike
> along).
>
> runners need more sidewall and top support in the shoe....as they're
> ball/toe striking. neoprene sides/surfaces are not sufficient to
> support toe/ball striking. That's whay most flats are a "mesh"
> material of some sort or nylon...etc. and so forth.
>
> the shoe's ******** bottomline. i'm in a race next month and all the
> nike runners will be there in it. i guarantee you this shoe will be no
> where to be found. it's not for runners, especially there runners.
> but i'm sure this will be the hit of all the soccer moms in america.
> (plus...there are more soccer moms than flat wearers so nike will make
> more money).

<Well duh, of course you won't find any racers there wearing them for a

race. They are specifically a training shoe, designed to mimic running
barefoot without having to leave flesh in the leaves. >

Yes, the shoe for stupid people. Imagine buying a shoe to make it feel
like you are running barefoot. Hmm lets see if there's any other way
we could accomplish that, like maybe running BAREFOOT? What a novel
idea...

[email protected] wrote:
> bumper, you said, "they aren't really being marketed to runners, just
> athletes who run":

Lance, why don't you just hit the "show options" button and *then* "reply?
That way Google inserts all the proper attributions and quote marks.

It'd make you posts a hell of a lot easier to understand if you'd always
include the attributions and selective quotes.

Tim

Yes, the shoe for stupid people. Imagine buying a shoe to make it feel
like you are running barefoot. Hmm lets see if there's any other way
we could accomplish that, like maybe running BAREFOOT? What a novel
idea...

Sunsets are awesome. ya slack jawed mouth breather.

"Bumper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:1gsly4u.vbon671l0bli6N%[email protected]...
> So the next time you want to **** on someone for just asking a
> question,
> and you don't know the answer and just want to spew out some lame ass
> jive, just ring me up instead. In the meantime, why don't you consider
> sticking to writing on things you know something about, like race
> reports. Your last one, winter in Central Park was, in fact, quite
> inspiring.

Yo Lance, not to beat a horse while he down, but you have been screwed,
blewed and tattooed. Bumper ain't no rabbit regardless of the handle. :)

-Uncle Doug