shoe

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by [email protected], Feb 26, 2005.

  1. has anyone tried the nike free. looks like a awesome running shoe.

    Tags:

  2. Bumper

    Bumper Guest

    Well duh, of course you won't find any racers there wearing them for a
    race. They are specifically a training shoe, designed to mimic running
    barefoot without having to leave flesh in the leaves.

    Based on their website

    http://www.nike.com/nikefree/

    they aren't really being marketed to runners, just athletes who run. I
    seem to remember reading that they were only intended for a workout of
    20 minutes once a week.

    Oh and when did the number of colors that something comes in define its
    worth?

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > really....what about it? i'm not anti-nike and will wear their racing
    > flats. however i am interested in your opinion in wonder what in your
    > opinion makes it look, "awesome"?
    >
    > my opinion? piece of shit masquerading as something special. first
    > of all go over to letsrun.com and look at the free 5.0? why are there
    > so many damn versions/colors of this shoe? when a shoe comes out like
    > a pack of "lifesavers"...that should tell you something.....need i say
    > anymore?
    >
    > rule #1: a legit real running shoe or flat is not released in all
    > these "flavors". not even nike does this with their legit flats. that
    > should tip you off right there who their marketing this shoe to (and it
    > ain't real runners).
    >
    > this is the flat experience shoe for the weekend warrior. take a good
    > look at the sole on a side shot. that is not a shoe made for someone
    > toe striking or ball striking. that is a shoe made for the heel
    > striker. the gimmick? make it neoprene on the side/surface to make it
    > feel like a "glove"....and the heel striker/weekend warrior goes,
    > "wow"....look how light it is!...this is cool!....(as they heel strike
    > along).
    >
    > runners need more sidewall and top support in the shoe....as they're
    > ball/toe striking. neoprene sides/surfaces are not sufficient to
    > support toe/ball striking. That's whay most flats are a "mesh"
    > material of some sort or nylon...etc. and so forth.
    >
    > the shoe's bullshit bottomline. i'm in a race next month and all the
    > nike runners will be there in it. i guarantee you this shoe will be no
    > where to be found. it's not for runners, especially there runners.
    > but i'm sure this will be the hit of all the soccer moms in america.
    > (plus...there are more soccer moms than flat wearers so nike will make
    > more money).

  3. Gate runner

    Gate runner Guest

    It's a piece of shit. Buy it, you lose.

  4. Gate runner

    Gate runner Guest

    <Well duh, of course you won't find any racers there wearing them for a

    race. They are specifically a training shoe, designed to mimic running
    barefoot without having to leave flesh in the leaves. >

    Yes, the shoe for stupid people. Imagine buying a shoe to make it feel
    like you are running barefoot. Hmm lets see if there's any other way
    we could accomplish that, like maybe running BAREFOOT? What a novel
    idea...

  5. Tim Downie

    Tim Downie Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > bumper, you said, "they aren't really being marketed to runners, just
    > athletes who run":

    Lance, why don't you just hit the "show options" button and *then* "reply?
    That way Google inserts all the proper attributions and quote marks.

    It'd make you posts a hell of a lot easier to understand if you'd always
    include the attributions and selective quotes.

    Tim

  6. Yes, the shoe for stupid people. Imagine buying a shoe to make it feel
    like you are running barefoot. Hmm lets see if there's any other way
    we could accomplish that, like maybe running BAREFOOT? What a novel
    idea...

  7. Sunsets are awesome. ya slack jawed mouth breather.

  8. Doug Freese

    Doug Freese Guest

    "Bumper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:1gsly4u.vbon671l0bli6N%[email protected]
    > So the next time you want to crap on someone for just asking a
    > question,
    > and you don't know the answer and just want to spew out some lame ass
    > jive, just ring me up instead. In the meantime, why don't you consider
    > sticking to writing on things you know something about, like race
    > reports. Your last one, winter in Central Park was, in fact, quite
    > inspiring.

    Yo Lance, not to beat a horse while he down, but you have been screwed,
    blewed and tattooed. Bumper ain't no rabbit regardless of the handle. :)

    -Uncle Doug