Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Shoes and Pedals!

Started by J Y Kelly · · Last activity · 2 posts · 746 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
27 December 2007
Last activity
28 December 2007
Original author
J Y Kelly
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
746
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi all, new to the Forum.

    My wee brother's been cycling for a while now and it's his birthday in a few weeks. I was thinking about getting him some shoes and pedals becuase at the momeny he's using the standard one's that came on his bike with some trainers. Anyone got any good ideas about online shops and what to get him? I'm pretty sure that if I go into a shop I'll end up with something shiny and nice and totally useless!

    Thanks

  2. J Y Kelly said:

    Hi all, new to the Forum.

    My wee brother's been cycling for a while now and it's his birthday in a few weeks. I was thinking about getting him some shoes and pedals becuase at the momeny he's using the standard one's that came on his bike with some trainers. Anyone got any good ideas about online shops and what to get him? I'm pretty sure that if I go into a shop I'll end up with something shiny and nice and totally useless!

    Thanks

    First of all, you can expect to pay a good bit for shoes and pedals. It would be a great gift if you can afford it. For an idea of pricing, look at nashbar.comnashbar.com or performancebike.comperformancebike.com. Nashbar and Performance Bike are the two largest online bicycle specific retailers in the US. They are actually owned by Performance Bike so you really only need to check one of them.

    Unfortunately cycling shoes and pedals are pretty much determined by personal preference. There is not a "one size fits all" answer to what you should get. The best thing would be for you to give your wee brother a gift of money or a gift certificate to a bike shop and let him go pick out his own shoes and pedals. There are so many types and designs of pedals and shoes that it is doubtful that you could pick out the right ones for him on you own.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.