Shoes for these pedals

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Spott87, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Spott87

Spott87 New Member

hi I'm a total newbie when it comes to gear stuff but starting to ride my dad's old bike. Looking for some 2nd hand shoes for my dad's pedals. They are shimano 636. Do I just search for any 2 bolt shoe? Any SPD-compatible shoe?

Tags:

2. bikestudio

bikestudio New Member

Cycling shoes are shoes purpose-built for cycling. There are a variety of designs depending on the type and intensity of the cycling for which they are intended. Key features include rigidity, for more-efficient transfer of power from the cyclist to the pedals, weight, a method of attaching the shoe firmly to the pedal and adaptability for use on and off the bicycle. Most high performance cycling shoes can be adjusted while in use, via a quick-adjusting system that has largely replaced laces.

3. dabac

dabac Well-Known Member

Pretty much so. A 3-bolt shoe will be for the road version. But all 2-bolt, SPD-style shoes takes the same cleats.

4. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Well the good news is that if you find the right place to look you will most likely find yourself with a whole host of options to choose from from all sorts of categories. This was one of the things that really surprised me when I first go into cycling as a hobby about twenty or so years ago and it was the shoes, and just fast forward that many with all the developments in technology and you get what you have today. So I say shop around and find the one that suits you best.