Shoes ????? Help Required Please.

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Daz, Sep 8, 2004.

  1. Daz

    Daz Guest

    Hello to All
    Would anybody have any recomendations for road shoes and pedals, at the
    moment i am using some basic all terrain type spd shoes with double sided
    pedals, the sort you can easily walk in but i now feel its time to progress
    to proper road shoes and pedals. As well as weekend riding i will need to
    wear them for my daily commute and i dont want to spend any more than £70 if
    poss for the shoes and between £50 to £80 for the pedals. The choices are
    mind boggling and i was wondering if any particular brand or type stand out
    above the rest.
    I know this sort of thing is a very personal chioce but any guideance or
    suggestions would be very helpful.
    I want to go shopping this weekend.

    Many Thanks

    Daz

    Tags:

  2. DSK

    DSK New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2003
    Can't comment on shoes, but if you need any advice on pedals, the Shimano SPD-SL range seem to be quite highly recommened from my experience. Its what I am hoping to get within a couple of weeks.

  3. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Daz wrote:
    > Hello to All
    > Would anybody have any recomendations for road shoes and pedals, at
    > the moment i am using some basic all terrain type spd shoes with
    > double sided pedals, the sort you can easily walk in but i now feel
    > its time to progress to proper road shoes and pedals. As well as
    > weekend riding i will need to wear them for my daily commute and i
    > dont want to spend any more than £70 if poss for the shoes and
    > between £50 to £80 for the pedals. The choices are mind boggling and
    > i was wondering if any particular brand or type stand out above the
    > rest.
    > I know this sort of thing is a very personal chioce but any guideance
    > or suggestions would be very helpful.
    > I want to go shopping this weekend.

    Look PP357 pedals are excellent value, IMO, are suitable for all road
    riding and have more float than ShimaNOs. They're at the lower end of
    your pedal budget* which means you can spend more on the shoes.

    * from www.xpedia.co.uk

    ~PB

  4. Peter Clinch

    Peter Clinch Guest

    Daz wrote:

    > Would anybody have any recommendations for road shoes

    > I know this sort of thing is a very personal choice but any guidance or
    > suggestions would be very helpful.
    > I want to go shopping this weekend.

    Try on everything you can find that basically fits the spec and you can
    afford, buy the most comfortable ones. That'll make a difference every
    time the crank goes round.
    Different makes use different lasts and you want one where the last
    happens to be similar to your foot, and the way to find that out is
    trying them on. There isn't a substitute, unfortunately.

    Pete.
    --
    Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
    Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

  5. JBB

    JBB Guest

    "Daz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hello to All
    > Would anybody have any recomendations for road shoes and pedals, at the
    > moment i am using some basic all terrain type spd shoes with double sided
    > pedals, the sort you can easily walk in but i now feel its time to

    progress
    > to proper road shoes and pedals. As well as weekend riding i will need to
    > wear them for my daily commute and i dont want to spend any more than £70

    if
    > poss for the shoes and between £50 to £80 for the pedals. The choices are
    > mind boggling and i was wondering if any particular brand or type stand

    out
    > above the rest.
    > I know this sort of thing is a very personal chioce but any guideance or
    > suggestions would be very helpful.
    > I want to go shopping this weekend.
    >
    > Many Thanks
    >
    > Daz

    Time cyclo might be worth a look. You still get the convenience of a shoe
    you can walk in plus single sided pedals with a decent sized platform. As
    regards shoe sizes whatever fits - for me it's Nike,

    Julia

  6. Temp3st

    Temp3st Guest

    "DSK" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:D[email protected]

    > Can't comment on shoes, but if you need any advice on pedals, the
    > Shimano SPD-SL range seem to be quite highly recommened from my
    > experience. Its what I am hoping to get within a couple of weeks.
    >

    > --
    > DSK

    Got some and they are awesome!!!