SHOES: mens or womens specific?

Sham

Jun 27, 2005
Wondering how many of us use women's specific road or mountain shoes? please share your preferences! What kind of shoes do YOU use?

i use a pair of lace up adidas mens--they were super cheap. I'm looking to upgrade...maybe find a nice carbon composite soled shoe on sale... since i wear a Euro size 40, It's pretty easy and comfortable to wear mens shoes.
I'm wondering how the other girls out there wear.
(mountain shoes are TOTALLY included)

Sham said:
Wondering how many of us use women's specific road or mountain shoes? please share your preferences! What kind of shoes do YOU use?

i use a pair of lace up adidas mens--they were super cheap. I'm looking to upgrade...maybe find a nice carbon composite soled shoe on sale... since i wear a Euro size 40, It's pretty easy and comfortable to wear mens shoes.
I am guessing my shoes are all ladies just because I have little feet (Euro 34 or 35) I've used both mtn and road shoes. My Shimano mtb shoes are really really comfortable and the cleat is recessed so they are easily walkable. My new shoes are Performance brand and I bought them because I wanted to try road shoes and they were only $15 on sale. The road shoes are pretty comfy too and since the fit is less loose than the mtb shoes they let me pull up on the pedals more. I had hoped that I would be able to switch back and forth with the shoes depending on the ride I planned to take, but I've found that the recessed cleat on one and not the other is enough to make a height difference, so that I'd have to move the saddle up and down and that is too much trouble as far as I'm concerned.

Sham said:

I also have little feet. I wanted a good mountain bike shoe and was a little frustrated that most of the manufacturers only offered their lower line models for women. Sidi was one of the only ones that offered their higher line (Dominator) in both women and men's sizes. I wanted a stiff, high quality shoe. Most LBS do not have a man's size shoe available in my size without special order. I ended up buying a pair of women's Sidi Dominators in Euro size 38.5. It would be smaller in a man's size. I have a medium width (not narrow) foot and a narrow heal. I suspect the heal in a man's shoe might be to big as they are cut wider.