shoes size 14+

G.Daniels

Guest
doesn't seem like shoes are available 14 or 14 wide. not finding the diadora voyager in 14+ was
dissappointing. but not finding anything. what's the solution? any plwood or plastic insert ideas
from bigfoot inc.? i mean like not all riders are short people with teeny feet? right? the
manufacturer can't make margin here? margin for what? the diadorta police line was a surprise.
Police have teeny feet. have to look next time. maybe all the euro cops have their feet bound
to...??? doesn't make any sense. yeah, I know-somebody makes shoes in size 15(from Eritrea) that
cost $235. its not the cost, the colors make me sick. anyway those shoes aren't for touring, right?
somebodyill type soundso makes a 14 wide-so look it up and it'll read 14+, uppers of genuine roo
hide soluble in water. ah... what do big feet do here???

g.daniels <[email protected]> wrote:
: doesn't seem like shoes are available 14 or 14 wide. not finding the diadora voyager in 14+ was
: dissappointing. but not finding anything. what's the solution? any plwood or plastic insert ideas
: from bigfoot inc.? i mean like not all riders are short people with teeny feet? right? the
: manufacturer can't make margin here? margin for what? the diadorta police line was a surprise.
: Police have teeny feet. have to look next time. maybe all the euro cops have their feet bound
: to...??? doesn't make any sense. yeah, I know-somebody makes shoes in size 15(from Eritrea) that
: cost $235. its not the cost, the colors make me sick. anyway those shoes aren't for touring,
: right? somebodyill type soundso makes a 14 wide-so look it up and it'll read 14+, uppers of
: genuine roo hide soluble in water. ah... what do big feet do here???

What do we do? We cough up big bucks and buy Sidi dominators. I got mine on sale for $130 in size 50
(14.5 - 15)

They seem to run a bit small. If you have a 14 foot get the next size up.

I also have found a couple of pairs of Nikes in the past in size 50.

Good luck.

--------------------------------
Bob Masse' [email protected]
--------------------------------

"g.daniels" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> doesn't seem like shoes are available 14 or 14 wide. not finding the diadora voyager in 14+ was
> dissappointing. but not finding anything. what's the solution? any plwood or plastic insert ideas
> from bigfoot inc.? i mean like not all riders are short people with teeny feet? right? the
> manufacturer can't make margin here? margin for what? the diadorta police line was a surprise.
> Police have teeny feet. have to look next time. maybe all the euro cops have their feet bound
> to...??? doesn't make any sense. yeah, I know-somebody makes shoes in size 15(from Eritrea) that
> cost $235. its not the cost, the colors make me sick. anyway those shoes aren't for touring,
> right? somebodyill type soundso makes a 14 wide-so look it up and it'll read 14+, uppers of
> genuine roo hide soluble in water. ah... what do big feet do here???

Keep looking for Diadoras, they seem to have the biggest selection of large sizes and reasonable
prices. Northwave and Nike go large, but they're probably too garish for your tastes. Sidis are
pricey and pretty "performance" oriented. I have size 15 feet, and have pairs of all the above,
including a size euro 52 Sidi, "Mega" (width), which is actually a little too big (but good for
winter riding). I got a couple of pairs of Specialized shoes on sale for my son, they were marked
euro 48, they have a large amount of toe room for him, almost fit me, so perhaps they're a
possibility. Don't know of anything big in a simple touring style though.

"g.daniels" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> doesn't seem like shoes are available 14 or 14 wide. not finding the diadora voyager in 14+ was
> dissappointing. but not finding anything. what's the solution? any plwood or plastic insert ideas
> from bigfoot inc.? i mean like not all riders are short people with teeny feet? right? the
> manufacturer can't make margin here? margin for what? the diadorta police line was a surprise.
> Police have teeny feet. have to look next time. maybe all the euro cops have their feet bound
> to...??? doesn't make any sense. yeah, I know-somebody makes shoes in size 15(from Eritrea) that
> cost $235. its not the cost, the colors make me sick. anyway those shoes aren't for touring,
> right? somebodyill type soundso makes a 14 wide-so look it up and it'll read 14+, uppers of
> genuine roo hide soluble in water. ah... what do big feet do here???

Gene, you say Police and Size 50 ? Come back last year!

Lake made their plain black Police hightop SPD-compatible in size 50 but discontinued it for 2003. I
and others have whined about this to no avail. You should write one of your classic emails to them
and make them change their minds. [email protected]

We have size 50 in both road and off road SiDis, regular and wide, but so does every pro LBS in
America. $189.

Gene,

I recently purchased 2 pair of Northwave Elite (Regularly $120.00) from the Sierra Trading Post
catalog: (http://www.sierratradingpost.com/Search/keyword_results.asp?
usersearch=nORTHWAVE&ShowImages=yes) They were on sale at that time for $49.95....just checked and
they have size 49's now on sale for $26.95. Other than those...the suggestions you have already
received is sound; Sidi, Nike, and Specialized, etc. Good luck in your search.

Another BIG Foot,
Bill

>doesn't seem like shoes are available 14 or 14 wide. not finding the diadora voyager in 14+ was
>dissappointing. but not finding anything. what's the solution?

Sidi makes them up to 50-I wear a 13 and wear a Sidi 48-but your real solution is custom made
shoes.I wear Rocket 7s and while they aren't cheap-$500-they will cure any foot problem you have.
You make a cast of your foot-both, actually, and they mold a carbon fiber sole to it. And you can
get them in solid black if you don't want to go garish. www.rocket7.com Phil Brown

Nike? Lake? I'll look. had an idea dudhuduh surf over to cobbler.org and ask about sole materials
for special orthopedics. do the $235-500 shoes travel through several rains before coming apart??
how long do such shoes last in dry times???

"g.daniels" wrote:

> doesn't seem like shoes are available 14 or 14 wide. not finding the diadora voyager in 14+ was
> dissappointing. but not finding anything. what's the solution? any plwood or plastic insert ideas
> from bigfoot inc.? i mean like not all riders are short people with teeny feet? right? the
> manufacturer can't make margin here? margin for what? the diadorta police line was a surprise.
> Police have teeny feet. have to look next time. maybe all the euro cops have their feet bound
> to...??? doesn't make any sense. yeah, I know-somebody makes shoes in size 15(from Eritrea) that
> cost $235. its not the cost, the colors make me sick. anyway those shoes aren't for touring,
> right? somebodyill type soundso makes a 14 wide-so look it up and it'll read 14+, uppers of
> genuine roo hide soluble in water. ah... what do big feet do here???

Gene -

Are you talking about road shoes, or mountain shoes?

For road shoes, I purchased a pair of Lake mega width, in size 14. My street shoesize is 14EE. The
Lake shoes fit well, but the cleat mounting holes are not proportionally adjusted to the size of the
shoe. Thus, the ball of ny foot is about 1 cm behind the axle of the pedals. (I use Look clips).

Rivendell Bicycles says Power Grips are an alternative, so I'm going to try them.

Phil

WBtobal wrote:

> Gene,
>
> I recently purchased 2 pair of Northwave Elite (Regularly $120.00) from the Sierra Trading Post
> catalog: (http://www.sierratradingpost.com/Search/keyword_results.asp?
> usersearch=nORTHWAVE&ShowImages=yes) They were on sale at that time for $49.95....just checked and
> they have size 49's now on sale for $26.95. Other than those...the suggestions you have already
> received is sound; Sidi, Nike, and Specialized, etc. Good luck in your search.
>
> Another BIG Foot,
> Bill

Bill -

How do the Northwave shoes feel, work, etc? Are the cleat mounting holes correctly placed? I use
Look cleats, & the Lake Mega width shoes I purchased last year have the cleat mounting holes
incorrectly placed (I posted a reply to Gene).

Phil