shoes size 14+

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by G.Daniels, May 1, 2003.

  1. G.Daniels

    G.Daniels Guest

    doesn't seem like shoes are available 14 or 14 wide. not finding the diadora voyager in 14+ was
    dissappointing. but not finding anything. what's the solution? any plwood or plastic insert ideas
    from bigfoot inc.? i mean like not all riders are short people with teeny feet? right? the
    manufacturer can't make margin here? margin for what? the diadorta police line was a surprise.
    Police have teeny feet. have to look next time. maybe all the euro cops have their feet bound
    to...??? doesn't make any sense. yeah, I know-somebody makes shoes in size 15(from Eritrea) that
    cost $235. its not the cost, the colors make me sick. anyway those shoes aren't for touring, right?
    somebodyill type soundso makes a 14 wide-so look it up and it'll read 14+, uppers of genuine roo
    hide soluble in water. ah... what do big feet do here???

    Tags:

  2. kh6zv9

    kh6zv9 Guest

    g.daniels <[email protected]> wrote:
    : doesn't seem like shoes are available 14 or 14 wide. not finding the diadora voyager in 14+ was
    : dissappointing. but not finding anything. what's the solution? any plwood or plastic insert ideas
    : from bigfoot inc.? i mean like not all riders are short people with teeny feet? right? the
    : manufacturer can't make margin here? margin for what? the diadorta police line was a surprise.
    : Police have teeny feet. have to look next time. maybe all the euro cops have their feet bound
    : to...??? doesn't make any sense. yeah, I know-somebody makes shoes in size 15(from Eritrea) that
    : cost $235. its not the cost, the colors make me sick. anyway those shoes aren't for touring,
    : right? somebodyill type soundso makes a 14 wide-so look it up and it'll read 14+, uppers of
    : genuine roo hide soluble in water. ah... what do big feet do here???

    What do we do? We cough up big bucks and buy Sidi dominators. I got mine on sale for $130 in size 50
    (14.5 - 15)

    They seem to run a bit small. If you have a 14 foot get the next size up.

    I also have found a couple of pairs of Nikes in the past in size 50.

    Good luck.

    --------------------------------
    Bob Masse' [email protected]
    --------------------------------

  3. Peter Cole

    Peter Cole Guest

    "g.daniels" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > doesn't seem like shoes are available 14 or 14 wide. not finding the diadora voyager in 14+ was
    > dissappointing. but not finding anything. what's the solution? any plwood or plastic insert ideas
    > from bigfoot inc.? i mean like not all riders are short people with teeny feet? right? the
    > manufacturer can't make margin here? margin for what? the diadorta police line was a surprise.
    > Police have teeny feet. have to look next time. maybe all the euro cops have their feet bound
    > to...??? doesn't make any sense. yeah, I know-somebody makes shoes in size 15(from Eritrea) that
    > cost $235. its not the cost, the colors make me sick. anyway those shoes aren't for touring,
    > right? somebodyill type soundso makes a 14 wide-so look it up and it'll read 14+, uppers of
    > genuine roo hide soluble in water. ah... what do big feet do here???

    Keep looking for Diadoras, they seem to have the biggest selection of large sizes and reasonable
    prices. Northwave and Nike go large, but they're probably too garish for your tastes. Sidis are
    pricey and pretty "performance" oriented. I have size 15 feet, and have pairs of all the above,
    including a size euro 52 Sidi, "Mega" (width), which is actually a little too big (but good for
    winter riding). I got a couple of pairs of Specialized shoes on sale for my son, they were marked
    euro 48, they have a large amount of toe room for him, almost fit me, so perhaps they're a
    possibility. Don't know of anything big in a simple touring style though.

  4. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "g.daniels" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > doesn't seem like shoes are available 14 or 14 wide. not finding the diadora voyager in 14+ was
    > dissappointing. but not finding anything. what's the solution? any plwood or plastic insert ideas
    > from bigfoot inc.? i mean like not all riders are short people with teeny feet? right? the
    > manufacturer can't make margin here? margin for what? the diadorta police line was a surprise.
    > Police have teeny feet. have to look next time. maybe all the euro cops have their feet bound
    > to...??? doesn't make any sense. yeah, I know-somebody makes shoes in size 15(from Eritrea) that
    > cost $235. its not the cost, the colors make me sick. anyway those shoes aren't for touring,
    > right? somebodyill type soundso makes a 14 wide-so look it up and it'll read 14+, uppers of
    > genuine roo hide soluble in water. ah... what do big feet do here???

    Gene, you say Police and Size 50 ? Come back last year!

    Lake made their plain black Police hightop SPD-compatible in size 50 but discontinued it for 2003. I
    and others have whined about this to no avail. You should write one of your classic emails to them
    and make them change their minds. [email protected]

    We have size 50 in both road and off road SiDis, regular and wide, but so does every pro LBS in
    America. $189.

  5. Wbtobal

    Wbtobal Guest

    Gene,

    I recently purchased 2 pair of Northwave Elite (Regularly $120.00) from the Sierra Trading Post
    catalog: (http://www.sierratradingpost.com/Search/keyword_results.asp?
    usersearch=nORTHWAVE&ShowImages=yes) They were on sale at that time for $49.95....just checked and
    they have size 49's now on sale for $26.95. Other than those...the suggestions you have already
    received is sound; Sidi, Nike, and Specialized, etc. Good luck in your search.

    Another BIG Foot,
    Bill

  6. Phil Brown

    Phil Brown Guest

    >doesn't seem like shoes are available 14 or 14 wide. not finding the diadora voyager in 14+ was
    >dissappointing. but not finding anything. what's the solution?

    Sidi makes them up to 50-I wear a 13 and wear a Sidi 48-but your real solution is custom made
    shoes.I wear Rocket 7s and while they aren't cheap-$500-they will cure any foot problem you have.
    You make a cast of your foot-both, actually, and they mold a carbon fiber sole to it. And you can
    get them in solid black if you don't want to go garish. www.rocket7.com Phil Brown

  7. G.Daniels

    G.Daniels Guest

    Nike? Lake? I'll look. had an idea dudhuduh surf over to cobbler.org and ask about sole materials
    for special orthopedics. do the $235-500 shoes travel through several rains before coming apart??
    how long do such shoes last in dry times???

  8. "g.daniels" wrote:

    > doesn't seem like shoes are available 14 or 14 wide. not finding the diadora voyager in 14+ was
    > dissappointing. but not finding anything. what's the solution? any plwood or plastic insert ideas
    > from bigfoot inc.? i mean like not all riders are short people with teeny feet? right? the
    > manufacturer can't make margin here? margin for what? the diadorta police line was a surprise.
    > Police have teeny feet. have to look next time. maybe all the euro cops have their feet bound
    > to...??? doesn't make any sense. yeah, I know-somebody makes shoes in size 15(from Eritrea) that
    > cost $235. its not the cost, the colors make me sick. anyway those shoes aren't for touring,
    > right? somebodyill type soundso makes a 14 wide-so look it up and it'll read 14+, uppers of
    > genuine roo hide soluble in water. ah... what do big feet do here???

    Gene -

    Are you talking about road shoes, or mountain shoes?

    For road shoes, I purchased a pair of Lake mega width, in size 14. My street shoesize is 14EE. The
    Lake shoes fit well, but the cleat mounting holes are not proportionally adjusted to the size of the
    shoe. Thus, the ball of ny foot is about 1 cm behind the axle of the pedals. (I use Look clips).

    Rivendell Bicycles says Power Grips are an alternative, so I'm going to try them.

    Phil

  9. WBtobal wrote:

    > Gene,
    >
    > I recently purchased 2 pair of Northwave Elite (Regularly $120.00) from the Sierra Trading Post
    > catalog: (http://www.sierratradingpost.com/Search/keyword_results.asp?
    > usersearch=nORTHWAVE&ShowImages=yes) They were on sale at that time for $49.95....just checked and
    > they have size 49's now on sale for $26.95. Other than those...the suggestions you have already
    > received is sound; Sidi, Nike, and Specialized, etc. Good luck in your search.
    >
    > Another BIG Foot,
    > Bill

    Bill -

    How do the Northwave shoes feel, work, etc? Are the cleat mounting holes correctly placed? I use
    Look cleats, & the Lake Mega width shoes I purchased last year have the cleat mounting holes
    incorrectly placed (I posted a reply to Gene).

    Phil