Shoes w/ Time platform for Speedplay?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Bruce Frech, Feb 15, 2004.

  1. Bruce Frech

    Bruce Frech Guest

    What shoes come with the four Time bolt pattern for use with Speedplay pedals? Yes, I know one can
    use the 3 to 4 adapter plate that comes with Speedplay cleats. But that adds an unneeded layer. Even
    Time shoes require an adapter plate, but since they require one for all patterns then all patterns
    have that extra layer and extra set of bolts.

    Does any brand still come with the older style Time 4-bolt pattern?

    Bruce

    Tags:

  2. bfrech-<< Even Time shoes require an adapter plate, but since they require one for all patterns then
    all patterns have that extra layer and extra set of bolts. >><BR><BR>

    Older Carnac or Time or I think new Sidi, that has the recessed insert, flush with the bottom of the
    shoe, for Time 4 bolt.

  3. "Qui si parla Campagnolo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > bfrech-<< Even Time shoes require an adapter plate, but since they require one for all patterns
    > then all patterns have that extra layer and extra set of bolts. >><BR><BR>
    >
    > Older Carnac or Time or I think new Sidi, that has the recessed insert,
    flush
    > with the bottom of the shoe, for Time 4 bolt.

    True; also some models of Adidas used Time 4-hole soles and can still be found. But if it's a
    platform height issue, any of the shoes with recessed inserts should work fine. The flat bottom
    plate of the new snap-shim cleats (without the curved ends) is very thin, and usually gives a lower
    stack height than the Time or Carnac soles. I use non-carbon DMT Ultimax shoes now, and had to lower
    my seat and bars about 3-4mm from what I used with Carnac Ellipses with the Carnac Speedplay insert
    and only the top Speedplay cleat layer.

    SB