Shoes w/ Time platform for Speedplay?

Bruce Frech

Guest
What shoes come with the four Time bolt pattern for use with Speedplay pedals? Yes, I know one can
use the 3 to 4 adapter plate that comes with Speedplay cleats. But that adds an unneeded layer. Even
Time shoes require an adapter plate, but since they require one for all patterns then all patterns
have that extra layer and extra set of bolts.

Does any brand still come with the older style Time 4-bolt pattern?

Bruce

bfrech-<< Even Time shoes require an adapter plate, but since they require one for all patterns then
all patterns have that extra layer and extra set of bolts. >><BR><BR>

Older Carnac or Time or I think new Sidi, that has the recessed insert, flush with the bottom of the
shoe, for Time 4 bolt.

> bfrech-<< Even Time shoes require an adapter plate, but since they require one for all patterns
> then all patterns have that extra layer and extra set of bolts. >><BR><BR>
>
> Older Carnac or Time or I think new Sidi, that has the recessed insert,
flush
> with the bottom of the shoe, for Time 4 bolt.

True; also some models of Adidas used Time 4-hole soles and can still be found. But if it's a
platform height issue, any of the shoes with recessed inserts should work fine. The flat bottom
plate of the new snap-shim cleats (without the curved ends) is very thin, and usually gives a lower
stack height than the Time or Carnac soles. I use non-carbon DMT Ultimax shoes now, and had to lower
my seat and bars about 3-4mm from what I used with Carnac Ellipses with the Carnac Speedplay insert
and only the top Speedplay cleat layer.

SB