Shoes with no laces - recommendation?

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Rivermist, Mar 21, 2003.

1. Rivermist

Rivermist Guest

Are there any shoes out there that slip on (avoiding the need for elastic laces, etc).

Any recommendations?

Tags:

2. Zac Nesper

Zac Nesper Guest

3. Dano

Dano Guest

Nike used to produce a line called the "Takini" (not sure on the spelling). Anyway, if you can find
    them (Nike Outlets) and can tolerate the fairly low arch, they are an excellent choice for short to
    moderate races. "Rivermist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Are there any shoes out there that slip on (avoiding the need for elastic laces, etc).
    >
    > Any recommendations?

4. Triguy

Triguy Guest

Nike Air Presto Faze. Road Runner had them on clearance you might check with them. I have used them
    up to a 15K without any problems.

"Rivermist" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Are there any shoes out there that slip on (avoiding the need for elastic laces, etc).
    >
    > Any recommendations?
    >

5. Konrad Hund

Konrad Hund Guest

6. Stacey

Stacey Guest

New Balance just released a triathlon specific shoe last fall. It is a slip on. You may want to
    check out your local New Balance dealer and see if they have any in stock or can order you some.
    Good luck.

Stacey

triguy wrote:

> Nike Air Presto Faze. Road Runner had them on clearance you might check with them. I have used
    > them up to a 15K without any problems.
    >
    > "Rivermist" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Are there any shoes out there that slip on (avoiding the need for elastic laces, etc).
    > >
    > > Any recommendations?
    > >
    > >
    > >

7. Felix

Felix Guest

Do you mean the NewBalance 920? I bought it recently. It has laces but you don't have to open them,
    because the heel is strechable connected to the shoe. It is quite light. I like the shoe and use it
    for speed/intervall training and shorter races/triathlons (up to 10k).

More info at: http://www.newbalance.com/productbrowser/product_details.html;jsessionid=aaadIc-mA2S9-
    tn?g11n.enc=ISO-8859-1&feature=Training&gender=Men&product=M920NW&product_type=shoe&sport=Running

Or just go to NewBalance.com and search for 920:
    http://www.newbalance.com/search/?search=920&submit.x=20&submit.y=5

Felix http://home.tiscalinet.ch/weilenmann/Sport

Stacey wrote:

> New Balance just released a triathlon specific shoe last fall. It is a slip on. You may want to
    > check out your local New Balance dealer and see if they have any in stock or can order you some.
    > Good luck.
    >
    > Stacey
    >
    > triguy wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Nike Air Presto Faze. Road Runner had them on clearance you might check with them. I have used
    >>them up to a 15K without any problems.
    >>
    >>"Rivermist" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >>
    >>>Are there any shoes out there that slip on (avoiding the need for elastic laces, etc).
    >>>
    >>>Any recommendations?
    >