Shoes

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Mojo Deluxe, Dec 23, 2003.

  1. Mojo Deluxe

    Mojo Deluxe Guest

    I need to replace the size 47 shoes I have with a pair of size 48. I'm undecided as to what kind I'm
    going to get, but just wanted to survey the group as to what kind they use(d), past, and present,
    and which ones they like the best, and why.

    Tags:

  2. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    Mojo Deluxe wrote:
    > I need to replace the size 47 shoes I have with a pair of size 48. I'm undecided as to what kind
    > I'm going to get, but just wanted to survey the group as to what kind they use(d), past, and
    > present, and which ones they like the best, and why.

    I use size 44.5.

    Bill "because they fit" S.

    PS: OK, I like my Shimano Carbons, although Nikes are cheap and comfy.

  3. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    Mojo Deluxe wrote:
    > I need to replace the size 47 shoes I have with a pair of size 48. I'm undecided as to what kind
    > I'm going to get, but just wanted to survey the group as to what kind they use(d), past, and
    > present, and which ones they like the best, and why.

    I just bought some Sidi's off eBay and they fit better than my everyday shoes...

    --
    - Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)

  4. > I just bought some Sidi's off eBay and they fit better than my everyday shoes...

    Gotta agree with Zilla -- I have three pairs of Sidi's now. I've not found shoes that fit better.
    Plus, they last a very long time, and with the new replaceable soles, I don't expect to be replacing
    mine anytime soon.

    Mike

  5. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

    "Mike Sparling" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]_s51>...

    > > I just bought some Sidi's off eBay and they fit better than my everyday shoes...
    > >
    > Gotta agree with Zilla -- I have three pairs of Sidi's now. I've not found shoes that fit better.
    > Plus, they last a very long time, and with the new replaceable soles, I don't expect to be
    > replacing mine anytime soon.
    >
    > Mike

    God bless Italian shoes. I just picked up a pair of Sidi Geniuses, I'm on my second pair of Sidi
    Dominator IIs. The first pair lasted 5 years with a great deal of walking around thrown in. With
    commuting, I wore them just about daily. The standard fit is narrow, though, so try the MEGA (wide)
    too. The 47 MEGA does my tootsies right. Or be like Jerry and wear some old boots. /s

  6. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    Zilla wrote:
    > Mojo Deluxe wrote:
    >> I need to replace the size 47 shoes I have with a pair of size 48. I'm undecided as to what kind
    >> I'm going to get, but just wanted to survey the group as to what kind they use(d), past, and
    >> present, and which ones they like the best, and why.
    >
    > I just bought some Sidi's off eBay and they fit better than my everyday shoes...

    I like how my Dominator IIs fit, but that buckle thing really annoys me sometimes. When I ride tight
    trails with lots of sage, I get little sagebrush sticks jammed into the cam. Then they don't
    realease when I'm all tired back home trying to take my shoes off. Makes me say "Ahhhhhh!".

    I've never had a pair of MTB shoes that totally sucked. I've had Vittoria (great), Answer (OK),
    Northwave (good but wore too fast), and now Sidi. I think the Northwaves fit my narrow bony feet the
    best, but the Sidis seem the beefiest. The Sidis are also the most sketchy on slippery rock, and are
    the stiffest.

    Matt

  7. Mojo Deluxe

    Mojo Deluxe Guest

    "supabonbon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Mike Sparling" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]_s51>...

    > > > I just bought some Sidi's off eBay and they fit better than my everyday shoes...

    Heh, that's where I'm shopping.

    > > Gotta agree with Zilla -- I have three pairs of Sidi's now. I've not
    found
    > > shoes that fit better. Plus, they last a very long time, and with the
    new
    > > replaceable soles, I don't expect to be replacing mine anytime soon.

    I've been looking at the Action SRS, and strongly considering them, though I understand they (SRS)
    wear out quicker.

    > > Mike
    >
    > God bless Italian shoes. I just picked up a pair of Sidi Geniuses, I'm on my second pair of Sidi
    > Dominator IIs. The first pair lasted 5 years with a great deal of walking around thrown in. With
    > commuting, I wore them just about daily. The standard fit is narrow, though, so try the MEGA
    > (wide) too. The 47 MEGA does my tootsies right.

    How narrow, is narrow? Though I have size 13 feet, they are not wide. They are all toes.

  8. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    MattB wrote:
    > Zilla wrote:
    >> Mojo Deluxe wrote:
    >>> I need to replace the size 47 shoes I have with a pair of size 48. I'm undecided as to what kind
    >>> I'm going to get, but just wanted to survey the group as to what kind they use(d), past, and
    >>> present, and which ones they like the best, and why.
    >>
    >> I just bought some Sidi's off eBay and they fit better than my everyday shoes...
    >
    > I like how my Dominator IIs fit, but that buckle thing really annoys me sometimes. When I ride
    > tight trails with lots of sage, I get little sagebrush sticks jammed into the cam. Then they don't
    > realease when I'm all tired back home trying to take my shoes off. Makes me say "Ahhhhhh!".
    >
    > I've never had a pair of MTB shoes that totally sucked. I've had Vittoria (great), Answer (OK),
    > Northwave (good but wore too fast), and now Sidi. I think the Northwaves fit my narrow bony feet
    > the best, but the Sidis seem the beefiest. The Sidis are also the most sketchy on slippery rock,
    > and are the stiffest.
    >
    > Matt

    I have a pair of Sidi Ghost I won off eBay. I'm considering buying the Sidi Bullets to resolve the
    buckle issue you mentioned, which is the biggest complaint among Sidi Dominator owners. I definitely
    like the 3-strap vs. 2-strap shoe though for a better fit. I just don't care for laces, but that's
    just me...

    --
    - Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)

  9. Mojo Deluxe

    Mojo Deluxe Guest

  10. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3647788045&category=22686

    > *insert post-purchase approval here*

    Nice shoes! Did you pay that much for them? Hope you like them. I like my Sidi Ghosts at $60.00.

    --
    - Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)

  11. Joseph Ball

    Joseph Ball Guest

    On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 18:20:27 -0600, "Mojo Deluxe"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Mojo Deluxe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> I need to replace the size 47 shoes I have with a pair of size 48. I'm undecided as to what kind
    >> I'm going to get, but just wanted to survey the group as to what kind they use(d), past, and
    >> present, and which ones they like the best, and why.
    >>
    >Just bought these:
    >
    >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3647788045&category=22686
    >
    >*insert post-purchase approval here*

    They look very nice! I am wearing some cannondales that arent quite wide enough for my feet. I have
    somewhat wider feet than the average person, and was wondering if there is a shoe with this in mind.
    They need to accept shimano SPD cleats, Thanks!

  12. Mojo Deluxe

    Mojo Deluxe Guest

    "Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Mojo Deluxe wrote:
    > > Just bought these:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3647788045&category=22686

    > > *insert post-purchase approval here*
    >
    > Nice shoes!

    Thanks!

    > Did you pay that much for them?

    Yep, my Christmas present to me. The retail was $250.00 for them, so I guess the price is not 'too'
    bad, for 2004 models. I could not find that color here in the states, either. Just blue for the
    most part.

    > Hope you like them.

    Me too. I don't have wide feet, but just a little worried that they could be too narrow. They should
    be a hell of a lot nicer than my tight fitting size 47 Diadora budget shoes.

    > I like my Sidi Ghosts at $60.00.

    Hey, that's not bad at all.

  13. Mojo Deluxe

    Mojo Deluxe Guest

    "Joseph Ball" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 18:20:27 -0600, "Mojo Deluxe" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >Just bought these:
    > >

    >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3647788045&category=2268
    6

    > >*insert post-purchase approval here*
    >
    > They look very nice! I am wearing some cannondales that arent quite wide enough for my feet. I
    > have somewhat wider feet than the average person, and was wondering if there is a shoe with this
    > in mind. They need to accept shimano SPD cleats, Thanks!

    Sidi does offer 'Mega' sizes. They say they run narrow to begin with, so I'm not quite sure how much
    the Mega helps.

  14. Joseph Ball

    Joseph Ball Guest

    On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 20:35:28 -0600, "Mojo Deluxe"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Joseph Ball" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 18:20:27 -0600, "Mojo Deluxe" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> >Just bought these:
    >> >

    >>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3647788045&category=2268
    >6
    >> >
    >> >*insert post-purchase approval here*
    >>
    >> They look very nice! I am wearing some cannondales that arent quite wide enough for my feet. I
    >> have somewhat wider feet than the average person, and was wondering if there is a shoe with this
    >> in mind. They need to accept shimano SPD cleats, Thanks!
    >
    >Sidi does offer 'Mega' sizes. They say they run narrow to begin with, so I'm not quite sure how
    >much the Mega helps.

    LOL! the problem is my foot is wide but short. like a 9 in US sizes. and as far as the width, it's
    just wide enough to cramp up towards the middle of epic of about 20 or so miles through the woods,
    not so bad that I cant ride but enough that I can feel it.

  15. Mojo Deluxe

    Mojo Deluxe Guest

    "Joseph Ball" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 20:35:28 -0600, "Mojo Deluxe" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    > >"Joseph Ball" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]...
    > >> >

    >>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3647788045&category=226
    8
    > >6

    > >> They look very nice! I am wearing some cannondales that arent quite wide enough for my feet. I
    > >> have somewhat wider feet than the average person, and was wondering if there is a shoe with
    > >> this in mind. They need to accept shimano SPD cleats, Thanks!
    > >
    > >Sidi does offer 'Mega' sizes. They say they run narrow to begin with, so
    I'm
    > >not quite sure how much the Mega helps.
    >

    > LOL! the problem is my foot is wide but short. like a 9 in US sizes. and as far as the width, it's
    > just wide enough to cramp up towards the middle of epic of about 20 or so miles through the woods,
    > not so bad that I cant ride but enough that I can feel it.

    The 'Mega' is the wider shoe.

    I wear a 13, but my toes are long, so I think the normal shoe is in order.

  16. Miles Todd

    Miles Todd Guest

    Zilla wrote:

    > MattB wrote:
    >
    >>Zilla wrote:

    >>>I just bought some Sidi's off eBay and they fit better than my everyday shoes...
    >>
    >>I like how my Dominator IIs fit, but that buckle thing really annoys me sometimes. When I ride
    >>tight trails with lots of sage, I get little sagebrush sticks jammed into the cam. Then they don't
    >>realease when I'm all tired back home trying to take my shoes off. Makes me say "Ahhhhhh!".
    >>
    >>I've never had a pair of MTB shoes that totally sucked. I've had Vittoria (great), Answer (OK),
    >>Northwave (good but wore too fast), and now Sidi. I think the Northwaves fit my narrow bony feet
    >>the best, but the Sidis seem the beefiest. The Sidis are also the most sketchy on slippery rock,
    >>and are the stiffest.
    >>
    >>Matt
    >

    > I have a pair of Sidi Ghost I won off eBay. I'm considering buying the Sidi Bullets to resolve the
    > buckle issue you mentioned, which is the biggest complaint among Sidi Dominator owners. I
    > definitely like the 3-strap vs. 2-strap shoe though for a better fit. I just don't care for laces,
    > but that's just me...

    The buckles SUCK! The old buckles were far superior, but the set I have can't retrofit on my damned
    SRS shoes- and believe me, I have tried.

    Miles

  17. Miles Todd

    Miles Todd Guest

    Mojo Deluxe wrote:
    > "supabonbon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>"Mike Sparling" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    > news:<[email protected]_s51>...

    > Heh, that's where I'm shopping.
    >

    >>>Gotta agree with Zilla -- I have three pairs of Sidi's now. I've not
    >
    > found
    >
    >>>shoes that fit better. Plus, they last a very long time, and with the
    >
    > new
    >
    >>>replaceable soles, I don't expect to be replacing mine anytime soon.
    >>>

    > I've been looking at the Action SRS, and strongly considering them, though I understand they (SRS)
    > wear out quicker.
    >

    >>>Mike
    >>
    >>God bless Italian shoes. I just picked up a pair of Sidi Geniuses, I'm on my second pair of Sidi
    >>Dominator IIs. The first pair lasted 5 years with a great deal of walking around thrown in. With
    >>commuting, I wore them just about daily. The standard fit is narrow, though, so try the MEGA
    >>(wide) too. The 47 MEGA does my tootsies right.
    >>

    > How narrow, is narrow? Though I have size 13 feet, they are not wide. They are all toes.

    I have burned through three sets of soles on my SRSs. They are made
    of chewing gum. At $30 a set, that's a whole additional pair of shoes.

    I would not but the SRS again. I loved my old Tecnos, but the "New And Improved" buckles absolutely
    suck, and the "New And Improved" fishing-line turnbuckles aren't as good as the old design, either.

    Sidis fit me EXTREMELY well, so I would step down the line and buy non-SRS Sidis next time.

    I just bought a pair of Northwaves, and they don't fit me as well, but they are acceptable... I
    think I'd try the Nikes again if I were shopping right now.

    Miles