Shogum Hybrid

Henry Carus

Jan 31, 2004
I have a history of low back difficulties which have kept me off my racing bicycle for a number of years.

Desperately looking to get back on the road.

I live in Melbourne, Australia and I have been recommended to a quality dealer. The dealer recommends a Shogun hybrid.

I have looked at the Shogun Metro LX and the specifications look good. The dealer has given me a price with slick tyres that looks pretty good.

I will be using the bike to ride on sealed roads alone, and hopefully with some long rides down Beach Road to Mornington.

Can anyone comment on Shogun, this particular model and what other options I may have?

Thanks a lot.

HenryC.

Originally posted by Henry Carus
I have a history of low back difficulties which have kept me off my racing bicycle for a number of years.

Desperately looking to get back on the road.

I live in Melbourne, Australia and I have been recommended to a quality dealer. The dealer recommends a Shogun hybrid.

I have looked at the Shogun Metro LX and the specifications look good. The dealer has given me a price with slick tyres that looks pretty good.

I will be using the bike to ride on sealed roads alone, and hopefully with some long rides down Beach Road to Mornington.

Can anyone comment on Shogun, this particular model and what other options I may have?

Thanks a lot.

I bought a Shogun Metro LX about 2 months ago. Paid $1100. The spec is very good for the price. I had an old mountain bike before that and there is simply no comparison. The gears are very smooth. The hybrid is great for what I want to do which is mainly street and cycleway riding. I took the standard tyres which are fine for road work and grass but a little skiddish around gravel. The bike is comfortable to ride and I suffer no problems other than the usual rear end difficulties that occur after a few hours in the seat. I would say I have done at least 1000km on this bike and am completely happy. I did a 100km run from Leura in the Blue Mountains to Ryde this morning and it was the most fun I have had on a bike.

David