Shogun Ninja Vs Giant OCR1

Avlin

Jun 29, 2005
Can anyone give me any information on the Shogun Ninja. Have found a very good deal for $1000 but I cant find any spec details on any website.

I was ready to buy the OCR1 for $1300.

Both have 105 group sets with carbon forks and seat posts.

I am 5'2 female at entry level, and realize I dont need such a good bike, but cant go past these deals at this time of the year!

Any thoughts?

Much appreciated
Lindy

Avlin said:
Can anyone give me any information on the Shogun Ninja. Have found a very good deal for $1000 but I cant find any spec details on any website.

I am 5'2 female at entry level, and realize I dont need such a good bike, but cant go past these deals at this time of the year!

Any thoughts?

Much appreciated
Lindy
Hi,

I rode an OCR2 for a couple of years - nice stiff frame. I don't know about the Shogan though. Probably whatever you feel best on - six of one, half dozen of the other.
Good luck and have fun.

Avlin said:

Any thoughts?

Much appreciated
Lindy
I don't know what country you're in, but in the States the OCR1 AL and OCR1 Composite both have Ultegra components.

Never heard of a Shogun Ninja bicycle.

Doctor Morbius said:
I don't know what country you're in, but in the States the OCR1 AL and OCR1 Composite both have Ultegra components.

Never heard of a Shogun Ninja bicycle.
Well actually I am in Australia. Here, the OCR 0 has the Ultegra.

Avlin said:
Well actually I am in Australia. Here, the OCR 0 has the Ultegra.
Well that's a different bloody bicycle isn't it mate?! ;)

So this is what's available? ... http://www.giant-bicycle.com/au/030.000.000/030.000.000.asp?model=9876

Looks good. Has carbon fiber rear stays, which ours does not. And has mostly 105 whereas ours is Ultegra. I don't know how the exchange rates work out but this looks like a nice bike. Personally, I don't think there's a vast difference between 105 and Ultegra 9 speed anyway. Not worth the extra $$ really.

Get in plenty of test rides. It's the only way to really know if you'll be comfortable on a bike for any length of time.

Thanks for you input, mate ;)

Yes, it does look very good. The rear stays are carbon composite and I dont know if this is such a big deal though.

Doctor Morbius said:
Well that's a different bloody bicycle isn't it mate?! ;)

So this is what's available? ... http://www.giant-bicycle.com/au/030.000.000/030.000.000.asp?model=9876

Looks good. Has carbon fiber rear stays, which ours does not. And has mostly 105 whereas ours is Ultegra. I don't know how the exchange rates work out but this looks like a nice bike. Personally, I don't think there's a vast difference between 105 and Ultegra 9 speed anyway. Not worth the extra $$ really.

Get in plenty of test rides. It's the only way to really know if you'll be comfortable on a bike for any length of time.