Shogun road bikes

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by aami, Sep 26, 2007.

1. aami

aami New Member

Hello
    I am wondering if anyone has had any issues with Shogun Samurai road bike? I am looking into buying a 2008 Shogun Katana (which is the old samurai) and have found it for $1000 which is pretty good for 105 gear system, carbon forks also. Just wondering if having a CFM Chainwheel will make a noticeable diffrence to my riding? Also, are they generally light bikes the shogun samurai? The 2008 stock isn;t in shops just yet, but I will check them out as soon as they arrive!

Thanks
    Tass

Tags:

2. Imanewbie

Imanewbie New Member

I have the shogun team issue , i love this bike! its birth weight was under 9kg's.
    the ninja is very similar with the same frame just the 105 groupset and the r500 wheels instead of the 550's. Ofcourse its the nut behind the bars that make the wheels go round but ive been on quite a few rides where i have seen others look and poohoo the brand, only to see them looking harder at the bike 40k's later /evil grin.

3. aami

aami New Member

Thanks Imanewbie...I am looking at the katana (entry level shogun), basically the old samurai..the only thing that bothered me was it didn't have a 105 crank..some people recommend getting the groupset, others say it doesn't really matter if the crank isn't the same brand

4. estuary english

estuary english New Member

Anyone know where I could buy a ninja in brisbane ?

5. Imanewbie

Imanewbie New Member

Try Bums on Bikes at strathpine or redcliffe, i got my team issue for 1700$ the ninja was $1500 on special last time i looked :) good luck !

6. WyvernRH

WyvernRH New Member

G'day,
    I have the 2007 Samurai and I am very pleased with it. The chainset is fine if a little ugly. I must admit, as i got a great deal on a 105 triple on e-bay, I swapped it out but it is perfectly functional if a little heavy.
    What I would do immeadiatly you buy is dump the original tyres and get a good set of Continentals or simular fitted, the originals are real spongy plodders. A tyre upgrade transforms the bike up couple of notches in the acceleration/handling stakes.
    Ignore any smart-ass remarks about the brand, the frame is made at the same factory as most of the high-class frames with the same robots and same materials. It is a very light,fast bike and as you point out, great value!

Richard

PS make sure you get the right size!:)