Shop in the San Antonio Area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

K. B. Rook

A friend is looking for advice on a quality bike shop in the San Antonio, Tx. area. He is a newbie
and need some help with getting a fit on his first road bike. Some place that will take the time to
fit him properly, not a 'throw your leg over the top tube and check the crotch clearance' kinda
place. He is happy to pay for a proper fitting if he doesn't buy a bike there.

Anybody help me/him out?

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 06:29:29 -0600, K. B. Rook wrote:

> A friend is looking for advice on a quality bike shop in the San Antonio, Tx. area.

I have heard www.bikeworld.com (local to San Antonia area) is really good. I like the web site too.

Doug Kennedy

>From: "K. B. Rook"

>A friend is looking for advice on a quality bike shop in the San Antonio, Tx. area.

http://www.bjbicycle.com/

B&J Bicycles 8800 Broadway Ste 106 San Antonio, TX 78217

These guys have supported racing in San Antonio "forever". --Tom Paterson

<<<<He is a newbie and need some help with getting a fit on his first road bike. Some place that
will take the time to fit him properly, not a 'throw your leg over the top tube and check the crotch
clearance' kinda
place>>>>

Unfortunately no substitute for experience , 3 fitting systems will come up with 3 different
measurements for a rider , which is what you would expect from systems designed by individuals.

Basically these fitting systems encourage the less experienced cashed up entrepreneur to enter the
lightweight bike biz. One eronious measurement will hardly get picked up by some guy who was selling
computers last month. Find a shop run by an active bike rider with grease on his hands who will pick
up a bad setup by a few rides up & down the street.

A few years back a guy goes for a 'fit' the day before a 40km championships & the shop radically
changed his height position aswell as the obligatory 5mm longer/shorter stem purchase & surprisingly
:) he didn't set a PB.

I wonder how Eddy ever managed during his career without a 'Fitkit' or 'Bioracer'......good
advice/guidance maybe ?

Status
Not open for further replies.