I am shopping for a short cage derailleur. Properties: * 32 tooth large cog wheel. Is this possible? * reliable. * down tube shifter. * no points for the latest fashion. * 22 link pick up.
All recommendations are welcome. One option is to keep the 10 year old XT long cage where it is not needed to pick up very much chain.
I am shopping for a short cage derailleur. Properties: * 32 tooth large cog wheel. Is this possible? * reliable. * down tube shifter. * no points for the latest fashion. * 22 link pick up.
All recommendations are welcome. One option is to keep the 10 year old XT long cage where it is not needed to pick up very much chain.
The gonzo solution would be to add a salvaged short cage to your XT derailer.
Since your 22 link capacity requirement isn't onerous, just get the shortest-cage mountain derailer, since I doubt any "road" rder will claim to do a 32t cog.
-- Ryan Cousineau [email hidden] http://www.wiredcola.com/ "I don't want kids who are thinking about going into mathematics to think that they have to take drugs to succeed." -Paul Erdos
I am shopping for a short cage derailleur. Properties: * 32 tooth large cog wheel. Is this possible? * reliable. * down tube shifter. * no points for the latest fashion. * 22 link pick up.
All recommendations are welcome. One option is to keep the 10 year old XT long cage where it is not needed to pick up very much chain.
If the chain is artifically short, then any short cage RD will work fine with a 32t biggest cog. Any RD will work fine with any downtube shifter-Campag->Campag and all but DA 8s.