Shops

BadBreaks

Dec 1, 2004
Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend any good bicycle stores in Ireland? I live in Laois so I'm about half way between Dublin and Limerick (and there seems to be a few of you criminal types here!). Are there good stores in Limerick?

I'm always a bit wary about the selection of certain products in Ireland at certain prices, and Im just curious to know if you can get what you want without going online etc.? I've just started cycling in earnest and want to buy myself a proper road bike soon. I also want to pick up a few little things like a computer.

There are stores I know of more locally but they are very small.

Thanks for any help

BadBreaks

BadBreaks said:
Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend any good bicycle stores in Ireland? I live in Laois so I'm about half way between Dublin and Limerick (and there seems to be a few of you criminal types here!). Are there good stores in Limerick?

I'm always a bit wary about the selection of certain products in Ireland at certain prices, and Im just curious to know if you can get what you want without going online etc.? I've just started cycling in earnest and want to buy myself a proper road bike soon. I also want to pick up a few little things like a computer.

Thanks for any help

BadBreaks

Hello Badbreaks,
have you tried Cycle Pursuits or Joe O'Connell, both shops in Limerick. There is a very good shop in Portlaoise - he doesn't keep much stock but will get anything you need.

Cycling Pursuits in Limerick and now in Cork are very good to deal with. So are the O'Neills in Tuam, very helpful and knowledgeable. There's a good guy in Ballincollig 5 miles west of Cork if you're down our way, Noel in west End Cycles.

We have a small touring club and we've dealt with most of the bikes shops in Munster and Dublin and I have no hesitation in recommending the ones above.

BadBreaks said:
Hi guys,

Thanks for any help

BadBreaks
Check out Cycle Superstore in Dublin. http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/ They have an excellent selection and shipping in ireland is free! I found a website with excellent prices for the groupesets that they have on the bikes. Check it out. I intend to get one of these bikes through my local bike store. http://www.ktm-bikes.at/2007/at/index.php
Peter

BadBreaks said:
Hi guys,

Thanks for any help

BadBreaks

Joe's Raleigh shop in O'Connell Avenue in Limerick City is a good shop.
Siopa Rothar in John's Street (near St Johns cathederal) in Limerick is very good.
Cycling Pursuits on Limerick's Dock Road is very good as well - but a bit pricey.

You're in Laois.
Why travel all the way to Limerick?
Clonmel has an excellent cycling shop - Cycle Centre - it's on the banks of the Suir river : it's very well stocked.
Carrick on Suir has an excellent cycling shop in Bridge Street.
Waterford City also has some good stores as well.

In Dublin, the Cycle Superstore there beside The Square is great.
If you get the train to Dublin - try Cyclogical along Batchelors Walk in the City Centre, they're excellent.