(short) RR: One for Darsh

Gman

Guest
I was supposed to mow the grass yesterday. The weather was classic Spring, 65 degrees and sunny.

After reading Darsh's post I felt a sense of urgency, a sense of responsibility to not waste
opportunity. Screw the grass! Life is too short to worry about the length of the lawn!

What I would've previously considered a routine spin on the SS, was alive. I was fully aware of my
surroundings, fully aware of how fortunate I really am. What a beautiful day.

Thanks Darsh.

Gman

Gman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I was supposed to mow the grass yesterday. The weather was classic Spring, 65 degrees and sunny.
>
> After reading Darsh's post I felt a sense of urgency, a sense of responsibility to not waste
> opportunity. Screw the grass! Life is too short to worry about the length of the lawn!
>
> What I would've previously considered a routine spin on the SS, was alive. I was fully aware of my
> surroundings, fully aware of how fortunate I really am. What a beautiful day.
>
> Thanks Darsh.
>
> Gman

Alright. Good perspective. I was out on the SS last night, too.

Paladin

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 13:38:56 +0000, Gman wrote:

> I was supposed to mow the grass yesterday. The weather was classic Spring, 65 degrees and sunny.
>
> After reading Darsh's post I felt a sense of urgency, a sense of responsibility to not waste
> opportunity. Screw the grass! Life is too short to worry about the length of the lawn!
>
> What I would've previously considered a routine spin on the SS, was alive. I was fully aware of my
> surroundings, fully aware of how fortunate I really am. What a beautiful day.
>
> Thanks Darsh.
>
> Gman

I know exactly what you mean.

I froze my ass off today on the road, riding into work. mtb rig still in parts. I started thinking
about how friggin cold and miserable I was, then I thought about Darsh's post and saw everything in
a new light. By the time the sun came up, I had 90 minutes if canyon roads behind me. I was in the
middle of a 1500 foot switchback road climb when I could finally feel the warmth of the sun. It was
euphoric. Still couldn't feel my damn toes, but that didn't matter anymore. It always seems to take
a loss to make you appreciate what you have.

-Bruce

Froze your ass off on the way to work I ride to work every working day and never freeze. My drill is
to go out side for the news paper and take out the trash in just a T shirt, pants and slippers. That
gives me an idea on how to dress for the ride to work. I've been riding to and from work since 95.

Fire up MTB 03

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 14:58:49 -0400, crazy6r5 wrote:

> Froze your ass off on the way to work I ride to work every working day and never
> freeze. My drill is to go out side for the news paper and take out the trash in
> just a T shirt, pants and slippers. That gives me an idea on how to dress for the
> ride to work. I've been riding to and from work since 95.
>
> Fire up MTB 03

Actually it's just the feet, not the ass. Who decided we needed vents in shoes anyways? I've never
thought "Nice day, but my feet are really hot, which I had some airflow there". Right. I think I'll
duct tape those things tomorrow.

-Bruce

On 24 Apr 2003 13:38:56 GMT, Gman <[email protected]> wrote:

>I was supposed to mow the grass yesterday. The weather was classic Spring, 65 degrees and sunny.
>
>After reading Darsh's post I felt a sense of urgency, a sense of responsibility to not waste
>opportunity. Screw the grass! Life is too short to worry about the length of the lawn!
>
>What I would've previously considered a routine spin on the SS, was alive. I was fully aware of my
>surroundings, fully aware of how fortunate I really am. What a beautiful day.
>
>Thanks Darsh.
>
>Gman

What we've got to do is stop remembering how good we got it everytime someone reminds of how bad
it can be.....live everyday like it's your last, and that way we can be closer to Darsh in the
truest sense.

MTBguy.ca

> What we've got to do is stop remembering how good we got it everytime someone reminds of how bad
> it can be.....live everyday like it's your last, and that way we can be closer to Darsh in the
> truest sense.

Err, wasn't that what Darsh's mum was afraid of.....