Short-term relief for carpal tunnel syndrome.

MotownBikeBoy

Nov 24, 2012
I just got back from a ride where my hands were so numb I had a great deal of difficulty shifting. I know the real answer is surgery, and that it isn 't a big deal any more. But, I have enough on my plate for the next 6-7 months, just can't pursue that right now. So, anything short-term that helps, some kind of wrist brace maybe?

Reactions: nonicenevecs86
This lists a variety of solutions.
http://voices.yahoo.com/7-effective-natural-treatments-carpal-tunnel-syndrome-7770198.html

This seems to validate the fish oil claim.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7490601

Oh man, that sucks. I use to lay a lot of landscaping bricks all day long and after a few days I couldn't make a fist in either hand. I tried to move past the pain because I needed the money. The best advice I can give you is to just rest your hands and wrist. Your body is telling you something is wrong, so you need to heal up. There is no other way around it.

Time and a wrist brace? Over the counter pain medication and or massage maybe? I would try some wrist and thumb stretches at the very least.

Like any pain that is associated with workouts, you need to listen to your body. If it hurts, don't push it. Yo have to heal up and don't move it around so much. Obviously riding is making your wrist hurt. Try re-positioning your wrist and grip. That may help alleviate your pain and discomfort.

I think you will have to use a brace because continued aggravation of carpal tunnel is not pleasant. Rest and the surgery seem like good options to be honest. if you don't let it heal it can only get worse.

Take a rubber ball and keep pressing it. This way you can strengthen your wrist and fingers. It improves blood circulation and mitigates pain. Rotate your wrist clockwise and counter-clockwise too. Physiotherapy helps best in relieving these symptoms. Also consume protein rich diet and rest for a while.

LIMU is an all natural drink that is perfect nutrition in a bottle it contains Fucoidan which is a proven super nutrient tucked away in select species of brown seaweed LIMU carefully harvests this widely-studied sulfated polysaccharide, that is chock full of anti-inflammatory and anti-viral nutrients, creating the foundation of every LIMU product. Please research this product and see for yourself it has made a tremendous difference in my life and also the lives of my family. My name is Leigh and I promote better health through LIMU if you have any questions or want to try this product please go to my website http://leighstubbs.iamlimu.com or email me at http://[email protected] I look forward to any feedback.

The only really good medical study that investigated the effect of wearing a wrist spint on carpal tunnel symptoms involved wearing the splints overnight for 6 straight weeks. The patients in this group were compared to patients in another group who were otherwise the same, but received instruction sheets only. The splinted group did better. The point of my mentioning this is, while wearing the splint during the day might do some good too, that wearing it consistently overnight is a real treatment and won't get in the way of things you want to do while you're awake.

Surgery should only be considered a last resort of last resorts as it does not correct the real problem and may only be effective for a while. Not to mention possible complications.

I suggest you look for a licensed massage therapist that has experience in treating injuries such as yours. The root cause of carpal tunnel is usually in the forearms, and carpal tunnel eventually develop because this problem is not resolved. Massage can make a huge difference if you find someone who is knowledgeable in treating it.
You should also consider seeing a physical therapist. PT and massage are an incredible combination for healing muscle and tendon injuries. Make sure to communicate with both practitioners so they can tailor your treatment to work together and complement each other.