Short video

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Adownhiller, Mar 8, 2004.

  1. Adownhiller

    Adownhiller Guest

    Tags:

  2. Adownhiller

    Adownhiller Guest

    "James Calivar" wrote:
    > > The trailer for our forthcoming DVD "Only Fools and
    > > Courses" http://www.oztown.co.uk/trf/trailer.mpg (2.5mb)
    > >
    > Good god, what *is* that horrible music in the video???

    The Darkness. Horrible to the end.

  3. Miles Todd

    Miles Todd Guest

    adownhiller wrote:

    > "James Calivar" wrote:
    >
    >>>The trailer for our forthcoming DVD "Only Fools and
    >>>Courses" http://www.oztown.co.uk/trf/trailer.mpg (2.5mb)
    >>>

    >>Good god, what *is* that horrible music in the video???
    >>

    > The Darkness. Horrible to the end.

    Heh. The Darkness. Their singer (if he can be called that)
    sounds like the bastard love child of Freddie Mercury and
    Tiny Tim... The rest of the band sounds like Winger, or
    maybe Ratt.

    Miles

  4. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    "miles todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > adownhiller wrote:

    > >>Good god, what *is* that horrible music in the video???
    > >>

    > > The Darkness. Horrible to the end.
    > >

    > Heh. The Darkness. Their singer (if he can be called that)
    > sounds like the bastard love child of Freddie Mercury and
    > Tiny Tim... The rest of the band sounds like Winger, or
    > maybe Ratt.

    I don't know about the comment about the rest of the band.
    If you can get past their singer (if he can be called
    that) the music is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than
    Winger or Ratt.

    Greg

  5. "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "miles todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >

    > > adownhiller wrote:

    > > > The Darkness. Horrible to the end.
    > > >

    > > Heh. The Darkness. Their singer (if he can be called
    > > that) sounds like the bastard love child of Freddie
    > > Mercury and Tiny Tim... The rest of the band sounds like
    > > Winger, or maybe Ratt.
    > >

    > I don't know about the comment about the rest of the
    > band. If you can get past their singer (if he can be
    > called that)

    And therein lies the problem. I was kind of rockin' out to
    the band until that abortion-turned-frontman opened his
    mouth. Kind of ruins the whole thing.

  6. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    adownhiller wrote:
    > The trailer for our forthcoming DVD "Only Fools and
    > Courses" http://www.oztown.co.uk/trf/trailer.mpg (2.5mb)

    Right-on, looks good.

    And maybe I'm ghey, but I like that song... it works well
    for a DH flick.
    --
    Slacker

  7. Miles Todd

    Miles Todd Guest

    Slacker wrote:
    > adownhiller wrote:
    >
    >>The trailer for our forthcoming DVD "Only Fools and
    >>Courses" http://www.oztown.co.uk/trf/trailer.mpg (2.5mb)
    >>

    > Right-on, looks good.
    >
    > And maybe I'm ghey, but I like that song... it works well
    > for a DH flick.
    > --
    > Slacker

    Slack, you may or may not be ghey, but I will admit that the
    song in the video is a far cry better than the tune by them
    that gets airplay around here. I found that the band has a
    website, and their video "A Thing Called Love" is there.

    Here's a link:

    > rtsp://a1824.v91395.c9139.g.vr.akamaistream.net/ondemand/-
    > 7/1824/9139/v0001/stream.wmg.com/wmi/uk/darkness/ibelieve-
    > inathingcalledlove_r_hi.rm

    The link's a monster, so you may have cut-and-paste to
    deal with.

    Listen to the tune, and watch the video. I'd not seen the
    video before, but it actually makes me like the tune more-
    maybe they are SOOO parodic that I'd missed the humor up
    till now. Then again, maybe not.

    Miles

  8. Miles Todd

    Miles Todd Guest

    G.T. wrote:

    > "miles todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >

    >>adownhiller wrote:

    >>>The Darkness. Horrible to the end.
    >>>

    >>Heh. The Darkness. Their singer (if he can be called that)
    >>sounds like the bastard love child of Freddie Mercury and
    >>Tiny Tim... The rest of the band sounds like Winger, or
    >>maybe Ratt.
    >>

    > I don't know about the comment about the rest of the band.
    > If you can get past their singer (if he can be called
    > that) the music is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than
    > Winger or Ratt.
    >
    > Greg

    I stand by the comparisons to Ratt or Winger. At about the
    3:00 in the video See my other post) the band does that
    obligatory hands-clapping-over-their-heads thing that I seem
    to recall from too many hair band videos back when.

    The high points of the video have to be right at the start
    when the giant furry purple thing rubs the singer's package,
    and at 2:18 in the video when he sings into a big red
    vibrating massager as if it were a microphone. And then the
    space octopus attacks...

    Way, way ghey.

    Miles

  9. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    miles todd wrote:

    > Slacker wrote:
    >
    >> adownhiller wrote:
    >>
    >>> The trailer for our forthcoming DVD "Only Fools and
    >>> Courses" http://www.oztown.co.uk/trf/trailer.mpg (2.5mb)
    >>>

    >> Right-on, looks good.
    >>
    >> And maybe I'm ghey, but I like that song... it works well
    >> for a DH flick.
    >> --
    >> Slacker
    >

    > Slack, you may or may not be ghey, but I will admit that
    > the song in the video is a far cry better than the tune
    > by them that gets airplay around here. I found that the
    > band has a website, and their video "A Thing Called Love"
    > is there.
    >
    > Here's a link:
    >
    >> rtsp://a1824.v91395.c9139.g.vr.akamaistream.net/ondemand-
    >> /7/1824/9139/v0001/stream.wmg.com/wmi/uk/darkness/ibelie-
    >> veinathingcalledlove_r_hi.rm
    >

    > The link's a monster, so you may have cut-and-paste to
    > deal with.
    >
    > Listen to the tune, and watch the video. I'd not seen the
    > video before, but it actually makes me like the tune more-
    > maybe they are SOOO parodic that I'd missed the humor up
    > till now. Then again, maybe not.
    >
    > Miles

    lol Frig'n classic! Now I know I like them... Those dudes
    are so funny! Yeah, that's the same tune they've been
    playing up here too, but along with the one in DH vid.

    Can't believe I used to love that stuff back then. It's so
    true though, when you go back and listen/watch the 80's
    stuff, most everyone looked and/or sounded like a chick.

    BTW, couldn't get your linky to werk, so here's an
    alternative http://www.ugo.com/channels/music/video/artists-
    /darkness.asp

  10. S O R N I

    S O R N I Guest

    miles todd wrote:
    > I stand by the comparisons to Ratt or Winger. At about the
    > 3:00 in the video See my other post) the band does that
    > obligatory hands-clapping-over-their-heads thing that I
    > seem to recall from too many hair band videos back when.
    >
    > The high points of the video have to be right at the start
    > when the giant furry purple thing rubs the singer's
    > package, and at 2:18 in the video when he sings into a big
    > red vibrating massager as if it were a microphone. And
    > then the space octopus attacks...
    >
    > Way, way ghey.

    Either they gave you really good drugs after your infamous
    tumble, or you study some stuff WHEY too closely!

    Bill "suddenly nervous about impending road trip with Miles"
    S.

  11. Miles Todd

    Miles Todd Guest

    Slacker wrote:

    > miles todd wrote:
    >

    >>Slacker wrote:

    >>>Right-on, looks good.
    >>>
    >>>And maybe I'm ghey, but I like that song... it works well
    >>>for a DH flick.
    >>>--
    >>>Slacker
    >>

    >>Slack, you may or may not be ghey, but I will admit that
    >>the song in the video is a far cry better than the tune
    >>by them that gets airplay around here. I found that the
    >>band has a website, and their video "A Thing Called Love"
    >>is there.
    >>
    >>Here's a link:
    >>

    >>>rtsp://a1824.v91395.c9139.g.vr.akamaistream.net/ondemand-
    >>>/7/1824/9139/v0001/stream.wmg.com/wmi/uk/darkness/ibelie-
    >>>veinathingcalledlove_r_hi.rm
    >>

    >>The link's a monster, so you may have cut-and-paste to
    >>deal with.
    >>
    >>Listen to the tune, and watch the video. I'd not seen the
    >>video before, but it actually makes me like the tune more-
    >>maybe they are SOOO parodic that I'd missed the humor up
    >>till now. Then again, maybe not.
    >>
    >>Miles
    >>

    > lol Frig'n classic! Now I know I like them... Those dudes
    > are so funny! Yeah, that's the same tune they've been
    > playing up here too, but along with the one in DH vid.
    >
    > Can't believe I used to love that stuff back then. It's so
    > true though, when you go back and listen/watch the 80's
    > stuff, most everyone looked and/or sounded like a chick.
    >
    > BTW, couldn't get your linky to werk, so here's an
    > alternative http://www.ugo.com/channels/music/video/artis-
    > ts/darkness.asp

    Checking out their site a little bit more, I still haven't
    decided if they are clever jokers or complete idiots. In any
    case, they certainly aren't musicians.

    Miles

  12. Miles Todd

    Miles Todd Guest

    S o r n i wrote:

    > miles todd wrote:
    >
    >>I stand by the comparisons to Ratt or Winger. At about the
    >>3:00 in the video See my other post) the band does that
    >>obligatory hands-clapping-over-their-heads thing that I
    >>seem to recall from too many hair band videos back when.
    >>
    >>The high points of the video have to be right at the start
    >>when the giant furry purple thing rubs the singer's
    >>package, and at 2:18 in the video when he sings into a big
    >>red vibrating massager as if it were a microphone. And
    >>then the space octopus attacks...
    >>
    >>Way, way ghey.
    >

    > Either they gave you really good drugs after your infamous
    > tumble, or you study some stuff WHEY too closely!
    >
    > Bill "suddenly nervous about impending road trip with
    > Miles" S.

    Have you watched the video yet? If you had, you would have
    laughed at the same stuff I did. It is hilarious, and yet so
    very wrong in so many ways...

    Miles

  13. S O R N I

    S O R N I Guest

    miles todd wrote:
    > S o r n i wrote:
    >> Either they gave you really good drugs after your
    >> infamous tumble, or you study some stuff WHEY too
    >> closely!
    >>
    >> Bill "suddenly nervous about impending road trip with
    >> Miles" S.
    >>
    > Have you watched the video yet? If you had, you would have
    > laughed at the same stuff I did. It is hilarious, and yet
    > so very wrong in so many ways...

    I clicked your link (a few responses down) right after
    posting the above.

    Watched *MAYBE* 20 seconds of it and had had enough...

    Bill "mucho ghey" S.

  14. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    "G.T." <[email protected]> had this to say
    news:[email protected]

    > "miles todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >>

    >> adownhiller wrote:

    >> > The Darkness. Horrible to the end.
    >> >

    >> Heh. The Darkness. Their singer (if he can be called
    >> that) sounds like the bastard love child of Freddie
    >> Mercury and Tiny Tim... The rest of the band sounds like
    >> Winger, or maybe Ratt.
    >>

    > I don't know about the comment about the rest of the band.
    > If you can get past their singer (if he can be called
    > that) the music is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than
    > Winger or Ratt.
    >
    > Greg

    Definetly better than those two!

  15. Miles Todd

    Miles Todd Guest

    Dave W wrote:
    > "G.T." <[email protected]> had this to say
    > news:[email protected]
    >

    >>"miles todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]...

    >>>Heh. The Darkness. Their singer (if he can be called
    >>>that) sounds like the bastard love child of Freddie
    >>>Mercury and Tiny Tim... The rest of the band sounds like
    >>>Winger, or maybe Ratt.
    >>>

    >>I don't know about the comment about the rest of the band.
    >>If you can get past their singer (if he can be called
    >>that) the music is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than
    >>Winger or Ratt.
    >>
    >>Greg
    >>

    > Definetly better than those two!

    Nope. Not that those two were that good (they certainly
    weren't) but The Darkness is at least their equal in
    sh!ttiness. Watch the video that Slacker and I linked to.
    Note the infinite walls of amps (turned all the way up to
    eleven, no doubt) and absorb the sheer stupidity of the
    guitar work. They really are that bad.

    Miles

  16. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    miles todd <[email protected]> had this to say
    news:[email protected]

    > Dave W wrote:
    >> "G.T." <[email protected]> had this to say
    >> news:[email protected]
    >>

    >>>"miles todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>>news:[email protected]...

    >>>I don't know about the comment about the rest of the
    >>>band. If you can get past their singer (if he can be
    >>>called that) the music is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better
    >>>than Winger or Ratt.
    >>>
    >>>Greg
    >>>

    >> Definetly better than those two!
    >>

    > Nope. Not that those two were that good (they certainly
    > weren't) but The Darkness is at least their equal in
    > sh!ttiness. Watch the video that Slacker and I linked to.
    > Note the infinite walls of amps (turned all the way up to
    > eleven, no doubt) and absorb the sheer stupidity of the
    > guitar work. They really are that bad.
    >
    > Miles

    Well that about qualifies "EVERY" band , (including the
    afore mentioned "WANGER" and "mouse")that was on MTX
    during the 80's

    I think they're just being jokers. I just can't see them
    taking themselves all that serious.

    But, it matters not, they're out there. And we're discussing
    them in a MTB related newsgroup. They win. :(

  17. Miles Todd

    Miles Todd Guest

    Dave W wrote:
    > miles todd <[email protected]> had this to say
    > news:[email protected]
    >

    >>Dave W wrote:
    >>
    >>>"G.T." <[email protected]> had this to say
    >>>news:[email protected]

    >>>Definetly better than those two!
    >>>

    >>Nope. Not that those two were that good (they certainly
    >>weren't) but The Darkness is at least their equal in
    >>sh!ttiness. Watch the video that Slacker and I linked to.
    >>Note the infinite walls of amps (turned all the way up to
    >>eleven, no doubt) and absorb the sheer stupidity of the
    >>guitar work. They really are that bad.
    >>
    >>Miles
    >

    > Well that about qualifies "EVERY" band , (including the
    > afore mentioned "WANGER" and "mouse")that was on MTX
    > during the 80's
    >
    > I think they're just being jokers. I just can't see them
    > taking themselves all that serious.
    >
    > But, it matters not, they're out there. And we're
    > discussing them in a MTB related newsgroup. They win. :(

    No, they win because they had a #1 hit with that stupid
    song, and are making millions off it, while we haven't a
    cluehow such a thing could happen.

    Miles

  18. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    "miles todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Listen to the tune, and watch the video. I'd not seen the
    > video before, but it actually makes me like the tune more-
    > maybe they are SOOO parodic that I'd missed the humor up
    > till now. Then again, maybe not.

    Nope, you were right the first time, they are SOOO parodic
    and you'd missed the humour up till now.

    Shaun aRe - Some funny shit that is.

  19. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    "miles todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Dave W wrote:
    > > "G.T." <[email protected]> had this to say
    > > news:[email protected]
    > >

    > >>"miles todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >>news:[email protected]...

    > >>I don't know about the comment about the rest of the
    > >>band. If you can get past their singer (if he can be
    > >>called that) the music is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better
    > >>than Winger or Ratt.
    > >>
    > >>Greg
    > >>

    > > Definetly better than those two!
    > >

    > Nope. Not that those two were that good (they certainly
    > weren't) but The Darkness is at least their equal in
    > sh!ttiness. Watch the video that Slacker and I linked to.
    > Note the infinite walls of amps (turned all the way up to
    > eleven, no doubt) and absorb the sheer stupidity of the
    > guitar work. They really are that bad.

    They are supposed to be. They are a parody. It's humour.
    'Hahahah' etc.

    HTH,

    Shaun aRe