Short video

miles todd <[email protected]> had this to say
news:[email protected]

> Dave W wrote:
>> miles todd <[email protected]> had this to say
>> news:[email protected]

>>>Nope. Not that those two were that good (they certainly
>>>weren't) but The Darkness is at least their equal in
>>>sh!ttiness. Watch the video that Slacker and I linked to.
>>>Note the infinite walls of amps (turned all the way up to
>>>eleven, no doubt) and absorb the sheer stupidity of the
>>>guitar work. They really are that bad.
>>>
>>>Miles
>>

>> Well that about qualifies "EVERY" band , (including the
>> afore mentioned "WANGER" and "mouse")that was on MTX
>> during the 80's
>>
>> I think they're just being jokers. I just can't see them
>> taking themselves all that serious.
>>
>> But, it matters not, they're out there. And we're
>> discussing them in a MTB related newsgroup. They win. :(
>>

> No, they win because they had a #1 hit with that stupid
> song, and are making millions off it, while we haven't a
> cluehow such a thing could happen.
>
> Miles

As I don't follow the Billboard charts, I wouldn't know
anything about that. But I do frequent alt-mountain bike
regularly, and this is where I entered the discussion,
so to me. That's why they win. You and are are here, in
AM-B, discussing them. Either way you want to look at
it, they win.

I vote to bring back Spinal Tap!

Shaun Rimmer wrote:
> "miles todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>

>>Listen to the tune, and watch the video. I'd not seen the
>>video before, but it actually makes me like the tune more-
>>maybe they are SOOO parodic that I'd missed the humor up
>>till now. Then again, maybe not.
>

> Nope, you were right the first time, they are SOOO parodic
> and you'd missed the humour up till now.
>

> Shaun aRe - Some funny **** that is.

I wouldn't say that I'd missed it- I'm just not entirely
convinced that it is intentionally parodic. They might well
be such complete idiots as they seem... In either case, it
is pretty damned funny.

Miles

Shaun Rimmer wrote:
> "miles todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>

>>Listen to the tune, and watch the video. I'd not seen the
>>video before, but it actually makes me like the tune more-
>>maybe they are SOOO parodic that I'd missed the humor up
>>till now. Then again, maybe not.
>

> Nope, you were right the first time, they are SOOO parodic
> and you'd missed the humour up till now.
>

> Shaun aRe - Some funny **** that is.

I wouldn't say that I'd missed it- I'm just not entirely
convinced that it is intentionally parodic. They might well
be such complete idiots as they seem... In either case, it
is pretty damned funny.

Miles

miles todd <[email protected]> had this to say
news:[email protected]

> Dave W wrote:
>> miles todd <[email protected]> had this to say
>> news:[email protected]

>>>Nope. Not that those two were that good (they certainly
>>>weren't) but The Darkness is at least their equal in
>>>sh!ttiness. Watch the video that Slacker and I linked to.
>>>Note the infinite walls of amps (turned all the way up to
>>>eleven, no doubt) and absorb the sheer stupidity of the
>>>guitar work. They really are that bad.
>>>
>>>Miles
>>

>> Well that about qualifies "EVERY" band , (including the
>> afore mentioned "WANGER" and "mouse")that was on MTX
>> during the 80's
>>
>> I think they're just being jokers. I just can't see them
>> taking themselves all that serious.
>>
>> But, it matters not, they're out there. And we're
>> discussing them in a MTB related newsgroup. They win. :(
>>

> No, they win because they had a #1 hit with that stupid
> song, and are making millions off it, while we haven't a
> cluehow such a thing could happen.
>
> Miles

As I don't follow the Billboard charts, I wouldn't know
anything about that. But I do frequent alt-mountain bike
regularly, and this is where I entered the discussion,
so to me. That's why they win. You and are are here, in
AM-B, discussing them. Either way you want to look at
it, they win.

I vote to bring back Spinal Tap!

"miles todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
> > "miles todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >

> >>Listen to the tune, and watch the video. I'd not seen
> >>the video before, but it actually makes me like the tune
> >>more- maybe they are SOOO parodic that I'd missed the
> >>humor up till now. Then again, maybe not.
> >

> > Nope, you were right the first time, they are SOOO
> > parodic and you'd
missed
> > the humour up till now.
> >

> > Shaun aRe - Some funny **** that is.
> >

> I wouldn't say that I'd missed it- I'm just not entirely
> convinced that it is intentionally parodic. They might
> well be such complete idiots as they seem... In either
> case, it is pretty damned funny.

You forget, they are a Brit band, and have actually been
doing the gig circuits for an age, and we get to
see/hear/read all the interviews. They are most definitely
not idiots, even if their musical talent 'ain't all that',
and are for certain, parodying the genre heavily, and with
full intention, which to us lot is obvious, not to mention
they've been _telling_ us since they hit the mainstream
that's what they're about.

',;~}~

Shaun aRe - HTH!

Shaun Rimmer wrote:

> You forget, they are a Brit band, and have actually been
> doing the gig circuits for an age, and we get to
> see/hear/read all the interviews. They are most definitely
> not idiots, even if their musical talent 'ain't all that',
> and are for certain, parodying the genre heavily, and with
> full intention, which to us lot is obvious, not to mention
> they've been _telling_ us since they hit the mainstream
> that's what they're about.
>
> ',;~}~
>

> Shaun aRe - HTH!
>
> Ah, I see. Privy to a bit of inside information, are we?
> Well, I'll
take your word for it. I'd only ever heard the song "This
feeling that I'm feeling" or whatever it is actually called.
I'd hadn't seen the video before this thread started, but
when I did, it made it reasonably clear that someone was
having a laugh. My doubts were whether the band were
laughing, or the video director was laughing at them...

miles