shortest way for proformance!

Salim

Oct 9, 2005
I am just getting back into cycling after a 22 yr and was looking for some training programs, training books and online articls to help me doing the right training other than just go ride a certain distance, etc.

Thoughts and opinons?

Salim

Salim said:
I am just getting back into cycling after a 22 yr and was looking for some training programs, training books and online articls to help me doing the right training other than just go ride a certain distance, etc.

Thoughts and opinons?

Salim
Joe Friel's "The Cyclist's Training Bible" is quite popular. Focuses on training using a heart rate monitor and touches on diet. Preferred training method that seems to be catching on is training with power, however you might just want to start with heart rate seeing the cost of the power devices at this time.

Salim said:

Thoughts and opinons?

Salim
Hi Salim,
Training can be quite different for each discipline, so it is worth having some kind of an idea about what you want to train for.
Which kind of racing are you keen to participate in(ie: road racing / time trials etc)?