Shorts and shaving

reich17

Aug 4, 2004
From what I understand cycling shorts are meant to be worn alone,nothing underneath, right? Does anyone out there find it necessary to shave in this region, for a more streamlined look?

A few of my riding buddies only shave up to the shorts line, their reasoning is that it is quicker, and much easier. I on the other hand can't do that, it looks like i'm wearing hairy shorts, and my girlfriend laughs at me. Also if i don't shave the thigh hair, it sticks out of my shorts, and looks kinda funny. So i have taken to shaving the entire leg, and then some :p As far as shaving goes that razor for women, the intuition or something like that is a gift from god. Cuts shaving time down to 5 minutes in the shower, the blades are expensive but you don't need any shaving cream as it has that soap thing molded around the blade. Thing is awesome, doesn't make shaving a chore any more. I find i have to shave 2x a week to stay neat, and only do it once the shorts come out, so now i have a nice growth going, but it will come off before february's training camp.

reich17 said:
From what I understand cycling shorts are meant to be worn alone,nothing underneath, right? Does anyone out there find it necessary to shave in this region, for a more streamlined look?
It`s not necessary but since I`m cycling serious it just looks strange to me..