Shorts: Descente Strata vs Giordana Forma vs PI P.R.O

knonfs

Oct 2, 2003
Its time to invest on some semi descent shorts, I am sure my butt will thank me :p

I've been using Performance shorts for a few years now, and after reading this forum and magazines; I get that shorts is where I should be investing my money on (if you don't think so, please let me know).

Withat that said, I have narrow my options to the Descente Strata ,Giordana Forma, and Perl Izumi P.R.O. I would like to hear from your experiences, if you have used any of these three.

BTW - I selected these three because of price range, and I have had good luck with Descente and Perl Izumi.

I use a pair of Giordana Team Colativa bib shorts/jersey. I also use a Nalini Pro, Castelli, and Campagnolo jerseys/shorts.

knonfs said:
WOW, nobody? :eek:

So, what are you guys using?

knonfs said:
Its time to invest on some semi descent shorts, I am sure my butt will thank me :p

I've been using Performance shorts for a few years now, and after reading this forum and magazines; I get that shorts is where I should be investing my money on (if you don't think so, please let me know).

Withat that said, I have narrow my options to the Descente Strata ,Giordana Forma, and Perl Izumi P.R.O. I would like to hear from your experiences, if you have used any of these three.

BTW - I selected these three because of price range, and I have had good luck with Descente and Perl Izumi.

Like all clothes, get the ones that fit you the best. Bike fit is far more important for butt comfort than a specific short, bib or saddle.

lohsnest said:
I use a pair of Giordana Team Colativa bib shorts/jersey. I also use a Nalini Pro, Castelli, and Campagnolo jerseys/shorts.

Out of all of those, which one do you like best?

Peter@vecchios said:
Like all clothes, get the ones that fit you the best. Bike fit is far more important for butt comfort than a specific short, bib or saddle.

True, but once you get the fitting process down, isn't "clothing" the next most important thing?

knonfs said:
True, but once you get the fitting process down, isn't "clothing" the next most important thing?

Any decent bib or short that fits ya will work. Doesn't need to be a name brand nor cost an arm/leg. I have Giordana, Descente now. Have had Santini, Castelli, Curve, Nalini. All OK.

Peter@vecchios said:
Any decent bib or short that fits ya will work. Doesn't need to be a name brand nor cost an arm/leg. I have Giordana, Descente now. Have had Santini, Castelli, Curve, Nalini. All OK.

Cool, thanks for the info; with that said, I'll probably go with the least expensive one out of my list.

BTW - I do like the Performance Ultra shorts\Bibs; however they don't last as long as their cheaper models :(