Shorts

On Tue, 13 May 2003 10:59:27 -0700, "GaryG" <gary_g@charter_NOSPAMX_.net> wrote:

> The older thinner one

I agree with you on this one! I found the PI attack shorts were much more comfortable the a pair of
PI ultrasensors. the peripheral seams around the chamois just cut into my butt after maybe a 30
mile ride.

"rb" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I found those expensive Pearl Izumi shorts with the blue waffle-surface chamois padding don't work
> well for me. It feels like corrogated cardboard on my butt on hot and sweaty rides. The padding
> has seams right down the middle that's supposed to bend or something to flex with the body, but I
> found that the padding just bunches up and irritates my skin. The cheapest PI shorts have a flat
> tan-colored padding that I actually like better.
>
> r.b.

news:<[email protected]>...
> "John McGraw" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > I'm not wild about tight road shorts even though I've worn
> them for
> > years. I despise baggies. It used to be possible in the
> '80s & early
> > '90s to buy bike shorts that looked like hiking shorts w/
> bellows
> > pockets & / or other pockets. My favorites were Hinds.
> Does anyone
> > make these today?
>
> I know the shorts you're talking about -- I never sought them out for biking, but they were great
> for sailing. I'm pretty sure Sportif still makes them. They have extra pockets and a double seat,
> and are made of semi-stretchy nylon. They also have normal chino shorts and pants made of a
> lightweight cottton/nylon/lycra blend, which are great for all around wear, including a bunch of
> riding. I used to wear them all the time. I'm pretty sure they still make these too.
>
> Matt O.
Thanks Matt, I've had Sportif clothes in the past & liked them. I'll give them a try.