Should altsports site continue?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by <<<<<< ]] Gun_d, May 11, 2003.

  1. Tags:

  2. Dave Stocker

    Dave Stocker Guest

    Go spam somewhere else...

  3. Gyp

    Gyp Guest

    <<<<<< ]] gun_dog99 [[ >>>>>> wrote:
    > Answer here or in the poll at the site. http://altsports.nuvisionmedia.net/index.php
    >
    > Depending on the response, I may pull it.
    >
    > Mahalo

    Please terminate yourself and your pox ridden web site you spam sucking tow rag..

    Gyp (Who got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning)

  4. On Sun, 11 May 2003 09:29:16 +0000, <<<<<< ]] gun_dog99 [[ >>>>>> did issue forth:

    > Answer here or in the poll at the site. http://altsports.nuvisionmedia.net/index.php
    >
    > Depending on the response, I may pull it.
    >
    > Mahalo

    Where's the "I don't care, just stop spamming" option?

    --
    Huw Pritchard

  5. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

  6. I'm only asking for an opinion on the site. It is a bicycle related site, with info on MTB and
    others alternative sports. I have been in the bicycle industry for 10 years and have been a cyclist
    for my whole life. I thought I'd share my passion with others through a website. I'm not selling
    anything directly through my site, so why be hating. I just want an opinion if I should keep trying
    with it as I would rather be riding. A correct response should have been: "your site sucks- Pull
    it." or "It's pretty cool, Keep it up."

    Mahalo.

    "Dave Stocker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Go spam somewhere else...

  7. When I first started riding a mountain bike, I felt that Roadies were elitist snobs that took any
    attempt at other types of riding a lower then them. Slowly this changed. And now it seems like
    mountain bikers are becoming the snobs.

    I don't understand the personal shots against me, when I'm asking an opinion about a site I created
    about the cycling and skateboarding community. If you went to it and didn't like it, say so. If you
    did like it, say so. I'm not selling anything directly on the site, and it is about cycling (and
    skating). Oh well.

    "Gyp" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > <<<<<< ]] gun_dog99 [[ >>>>>> wrote:
    > > Answer here or in the poll at the site. http://altsports.nuvisionmedia.net/index.php
    > >
    > > Depending on the response, I may pull it.
    > >
    > > Mahalo
    >
    > Please terminate yourself and your pox ridden web site you spam sucking tow rag..
    >
    > Gyp (Who got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning)

  8. no one is making you reply. If you truly didn't care, why respond. Again, I'm not selling anything
    directly on my site, and it does have to do with cycling, and skateboarding, so it's not completely
    off topic, or SPAM. But maybe you didn't visit it, to give an informed feedback.

    "Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Sun, 11 May 2003 09:29:16 +0000, <<<<<< ]] gun_dog99 [[ >>>>>> did issue forth:
    >
    > > Answer here or in the poll at the site. http://altsports.nuvisionmedia.net/index.php
    > >
    > > Depending on the response, I may pull it.
    > >
    > > Mahalo
    >
    > Where's the "I don't care, just stop spamming" option?
    >
    > --
    > Huw Pritchard

  9. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On Mon, 12 May 2003 07:45:50 -0500, "<<<<<< ]] gun_dog99 [[ >>>>>>" <||||||| woof-woof |||||> wrote:

    >When I first started riding a mountain bike, I felt that Roadies were elitist snobs that took any
    >attempt at other types of riding a lower then them. Slowly this changed. And now it seems like
    >mountain bikers are becoming the snobs.
    >
    >I don't understand the personal shots against me, when I'm asking an opinion about a site I created
    >about the cycling and skateboarding community. If you went to it and didn't like it, say so. If you
    >did like it, say so. I'm not selling anything directly on the site, and it is about cycling (and
    >skating). Oh well.
    >
    >"Gyp" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    Don't sweat these jerk offs. They are only a very small (thankfully) percentage of the communities
    which you are trying to reach. Your not part of the "clique", so you can't push your site here. But
    they most certainly will.

    Dave

  10. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    <<<<<< ]] gun_dog99 [[ >>>>>> wrote:
    > no one is making you reply. If you truly didn't care, why respond. Again, I'm not selling anything
    > directly on my site, and it does have to do with cycling, and skateboarding, so it's not
    > completely off topic, or SPAM. But maybe you didn't visit it, to give an informed feedback.

    People have a fairly liberal definition of spam. To most, it has now come to define any unsolicited
    promotion of service or product. You may not be selling anything, but your only contributions to
    this group have been shameless promotions of your site.

    I think Huw's point was that we really don't care about what you do to your site, but we do care
    that you do fill this group with excessive noise (and God knows, there's enough of that already). In
    all honesty, I'm inclined to agree with him.

  11. Thanks Dave. :)

    "Dave W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On Mon, 12 May 2003 07:45:50 -0500, "<<<<<< ]] gun_dog99 [[ >>>>>>" <||||||| woof-woof
    >
    > >When I first started riding a mountain bike, I felt that Roadies were elitist snobs that took any
    > >attempt at other types of riding a lower then them. Slowly this changed. And now it seems like
    > >mountain bikers are becoming the snobs.
    > >
    > >I don't understand the personal shots against me, when I'm asking an
    opinion
    > >about a site I created about the cycling and skateboarding community. If
    you
    > >went to it and didn't like it, say so. If you did like it, say so. I'm
    not
    > >selling anything directly on the site, and it is about cycling (and skating). Oh well.
    > >
    > >"Gyp" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >

    > Don't sweat these jerk offs. They are only a very small (thankfully) percentage of the communities
    > which you are trying to reach. Your not part of the "clique", so you can't push your site here.
    > But they most certainly will.
    >
    > Dave

  12. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    <<<<<< ]] gun_dog99 [[ >>>>>> <||||||| woof-woof |||||> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > <<<<<< ]] gun_dog99 [[ >>>>>> <||||||| woof-woof |||||> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Answer here or in the poll at the site. http://altsports.nuvisionmedia.net/index.php
    > >
    > > Depending on the response, I may pull it.
    > >
    > > Mahalo
    >

    > Shaun aRe - *Like a hoard over turbo-charged Dysons.

    > I'm glad someone responded with feedback.

    <fx>

    ScreeeeEEEEEECHHOWWLLLLLLEEEEEEE!

    </fx>

    Like that?

    I never actually looked at the site - I was just being a bastard. Ya know, just to be a bastard. I'm
    so damned nice most of the time, I have to let the bastard out occasionally, or it'll break out and
    be a random bastard, all randomly. Can't have that, can we.........

    Shaun aRe

  13. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On Mon, 12 May 2003 15:07:18 +0200, bomba <[email protected]> wrote:

    ><<<<<< ]] gun_dog99 [[ >>>>>> wrote:
    >> no one is making you reply. If you truly didn't care, why respond. Again, I'm not selling
    >> anything directly on my site, and it does have to do with cycling, and skateboarding, so it's not
    >> completely off topic, or SPAM. But maybe you didn't visit it, to give an informed feedback.
    >
    >People have a fairly liberal definition of spam. To most, it has now come to define any unsolicited
    >promotion of service or product. You may not be selling anything, but your only contributions to
    >this group have been shameless promotions of your site.
    >
    >I think Huw's point was that we really don't care about what you do to your site, but we do care
    >that you do fill this group with excessive noise (and God knows, there's enough of that already).
    >In all honesty, I'm inclined to agree with him.

    Shaun R post here and you talk about excessive noise? Whatever dude...

  14. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On Mon, 12 May 2003 15:07:18 +0200, bomba <[email protected]>

    > >I think Huw's point was that we really don't care about what you do to your site, but we do care
    > >that you do fill this group with excessive noise (and God knows, there's enough of that already).
    > >In all honesty, I'm inclined to agree with him.
    >
    > Shaun R post here and you talk about excessive noise? Whatever dude...

    of space and good air. Oh, 'you eejit'.

    Shaun aRe

  15. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On Mon, 12 May 2003 15:40:46 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> On Mon, 12 May 2003 15:07:18 +0200, bomba <[email protected]>
    >

    >> >I think Huw's point was that we really don't care about what you do to your site, but we do care
    >> >that you do fill this group with excessive noise (and God knows, there's enough of that
    >> >already). In all honesty, I'm inclined to agree with him.
    >>
    >> Shaun R post here and you talk about excessive noise? Whatever dude...
    >

    >of space and good air. Oh, 'you eejit'.
    >

    >Shaun aRe

    I'll get on that right away, pastey boy!

  16. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On Mon, 12 May 2003 15:40:46 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    > >Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >> On Mon, 12 May 2003 15:07:18 +0200, bomba <[email protected]>

    honesty,

    > >> Shaun R post here and you talk about excessive noise? Whatever dude...

    waste
    > >of space and good air. Oh, 'you eejit'.
    > >

    > >Shaun aRe
    >
    > I'll get on that right away, pastey boy!

    Your pathetic assumptions and/or bad memory once again catch you out ya silly fool.

    Shaun aRe - About as pasty as my mate Abdul, heheheheh........

  17. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On Mon, 12 May 2003 16:17:01 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    >honesty,

    >waste
    >> >of space and good air. Oh, 'you eejit'.
    >> >

    >> >Shaun aRe
    >>
    >> I'll get on that right away, pastey boy!
    >

    >Your pathetic assumptions and/or bad memory once again catch you out ya silly fool.

    I assume nothing, you are a pastey boy. We've seen the photo's.

    >Shaun aRe - About as pasty as my mate Abdul, heheheheh........

    Abdul is selling Ice cream at the DQ in the states......

    Dave (or maybe at a convienance store)

  18. The Ogre

    The Ogre Guest

    "<<<<<< ]] gun_dog99 [[ >>>>>>" <||||||| woof-woof |||||> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Answer here or in the poll at the site. http://altsports.nuvisionmedia.net/index.php
    >
    > Depending on the response, I may pull it.
    >
    > Mahalo

    There are about a million of these forum websites out there. The photo gallery has 5 pictures spread
    over 4 galleries, and you have to bore down 3 levels to find them. The signal to noise ratio is to
    low. You can't just put up a forum and expect people to show up and start posting. It's all about
    the content.

    Oh and spamming the group with requests like this is flamebait.

    -- The Ogre

  19. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On Mon, 12 May 2003 16:17:01 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > >Your pathetic assumptions and/or bad memory once again catch you out ya silly fool.
    >
    > I assume nothing, you are a pastey boy. We've seen the photo's.

    Like I care if your eyes need testing, heheheh.............

    Shaun aRe