Should Contador Have Held Back for Schleck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PE10 said:
Wow,

I'd like to hear what Alberto has to say about what happened. I think he should have waited just as his teammate Vino did.
heard interview said he was unaware of shlecks problem with chain ,hard to believe surely he would have been informed over the radio piece but ithink he held back a bit after and on the decent ...sheck was furious in the interview post race.

Andrija said:
How does Armstrong look?
Like 7 times L' Etape du Tour winner?

I hope this will make Andy more determined to attack early on climbs. Now, when he's officially behind Contador, he has to try something spectacular. He looks better than Contador this year and his efforts were measured exactly because he had advantage (although it wasn't so convincing with long time trial on menu).
It's pity that tomorrow's climbs are far from the finish. His anger could weaken till Thursday.
At the end, this mechanical could be a good thing.
What does this thread have to do with LA? Try to stay on topic.

Andrija said:
I'm on topic, but it looks like you're focused just on LA.
How is stating that "AS and AC looking like amateurs" focusing on LA?
Cant wait to hear this one.

thebluetrain said:
How is stating that "AS and AC looking like amateurs" focusing on LA?
Cant wait to hear this one.
I wrote six lines on topic, you replied on two which were directed to your belittlement of new great champions of the sport.
Don't waste my time, you just can't accept the fact there are greater riders than your tejas idol.

Andrija said:
I wrote six lines on topic, you replied on two which were directed to your belittlement of new great champions of the sport.
Don't waste my time, you just can't accept the fact there are greater riders than your tejas idol.
Again, this thread has nothing to do with LA. I didnt bring LA into it, you did. As always, your lot have nothing but a strawman argument. LMFAO.

thebluetrain said:
Again, this thread has nothing to do with LA. I didnt bring LA into it, you did. As always, your lot have nothing but a strawman argument. LMFAO.
It's obvious and we all know why did you made comment like that about Schleck and Contador.
You should change your screen name, although the train looks pretty much blue this year.

thebluetrain said:
Whats obvious about my post?
Please, elaborate more on your AC and AS both look like amateurs quote. How do they look like amateurs?
It must be that I misinterpreted your post, since I can't interpret it otherwise than like belittlement from bereaved fan.

Andrija said:
Please, elaborate more on your AC and AS both look like amateurs quote. How do they look like amateurs?
It must be that I misinterpreted your post, since I can't interpret it otherwise than like belittlement of bereaved fan.

AS looks like an amateur because he threw a chain in a critical moment of the TdF.
AC looks like an amateur because he attacked the yellow jersey with a mechanical.

Its quite simple to comprehend.

thebluetrain said:
AS looks like an amateur because he threw a chain in a critical moment of the TdF.
AC looks like an amateur because he attacked the yellow jersey.

Its quite simple to comprehend.
Then, you should have said that you think Contador should have held back for Schleck. That would set you on clear position in this thread and bring you questions about why do you think that.
But I think you don't have the answers. So, it stays on belittlement.
These two can't be called amateurs except if someone is bereaved.

Andrija said:
Then, you should have said that you think Contador should have held back for Schleck. That would set you on clear position in this thread and bring you questions about why do you think that.
But I think you don't have the answers. So, it stays on belittlement.
These two can't be called amateurs except if someone is bereaved.

Bereaved of what? LA? he's kaput my friend. Dont assume so much. It makes you look like an amateur. :D

thebluetrain said:
Bereaved of what? LA? he's kaput my friend. Dont assume so much. It makes you look like an amateur. :D
Well, if someone has thebluetrain nick and posting history like you have, then conclusion imposes by itself.
I'm glad there are fans willing to admit the obvious. But you're still keeping up contempt towards his rivals.

Andrija said:
Well, if someone has thebluetrain nick and posting history like you have, then conclusion imposes by itself.
I'm glad there are fans willing to admit the obvious. But you're still keeping up contempt towards his rivals.
My screen name is from 2004, a long time ago. Thebluetrain from USPS is long gone.
You are reading to much into my post and screen name. It was a simple post and it was my opinion on AS and AC. Its got nothing to do with contempt. Its my opinion, nothing more.
Your problem is that you automatically injected LA into a simple post about two cyclists, that has absolutely nothing to do with LA.

thebluetrain said:
My screen name is from 2004, a long time ago. Thebluetrain from USPS is long gone.
You are reading to much into my post and screen name. It was a simple post and it was my opinion on AS and AC. Its got nothing to do with contempt. Its my opinion, nothing more.
Your problem is that you automatically injected LA into a simple post about two cyclists, that has absolutely nothing to do with LA.
O.K.
I'll accept that I've rushed to conclusion, but tell me what do you think Contador should have done?
To avoid confusion, I'm not saying he did right thing, just want to hear your opinion about what would have been fair thing to do.

K'Ching;3956684 said:
The crowd reaction says it all. Contador was booed. You don't exploit another riders bad luck like that. He's gonna be hated by most cycling fans now, and deservedly so.

I guess in the heat of the battle, riders can forget the unwritten rules!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP9OR-Pz2Yk]YouTube - Tour de France 2010: Bad luck for Andy Schleck at Port de Balès[/ame]

Andrija said:

you certainly just punched my ticket, is there anyone else with 7 Tour victories let alone in one half the fashion Lance has dominated everyone and everything in his path in? didn't think so.

everything is bigger in Texas.

roadhouse said:
you certainly just punched my ticket, is there anyone else with 7 Tour victories let alone in one half the fashion Lance has dominated everyone and everything in his path in? didn't think so.
There's a man on his way to even larger number of Tour and GT victories.

roadhouse said:
everything is bigger in Texas.
Obviously, you haven't been in Serbia.

Back on topic. My opinion of Contador would have definitely gone up a couple notches if he didn't attack the way he did, instead it appears he was able to get the better of Schleck on a minor (but critical) equipment failure. The really sad thing is that seeing the way Schleck was able to get back on the bike a get back into the race makes me wonder how much time he might have been able to put on Contador today if not for the chain slip, as he had a lot of juice left.

Oh well, it all adds to the drama.

Andrija said:
O.K.
I'll accept that I've rushed to conclusion, but tell me what do you think Contador should have done?
To avoid confusion, I'm not saying he did right thing, just want to hear your opinion about what would have been fair thing to do.

He should have waited, and he had plenty of time to wait. There was a long way to go to the finish. AC, Menchov, and Sanchez all 3 should have stopped. One of them, preferably AC since he is a previous TdF winner, should have known to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.