Should I bite?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Kevin Sheldrake, Mar 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,

I'm being offered a Rocky Mountain Elevation 2002 with Hope Mini disc upgrade all in for £800 (new
    bike, friendly dealer).

My riding is probably intermediate (used to be pretty good but have let my last bike get a little
    rusty) and is pretty much all off-road: some muddy forest trails, plenty of awful hillclimbs and
    some excellent screaming forest and gravel track downhills.

I have no particular views on the hardtail vs full sus debate, other than I suppose a full sus would
    be more comfy (!), and I suppose you can get a better spec and lighter hardtail for the same money.
    That said I tested the new Haro Extreme X2 the other day and thought it rode like a Raleigh Grifter.

Any thoughts on my terrible dilemma?

Kev

Tags:

2. Simon

Simon Guest

"Kevin Sheldrake" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    | Hi,
    |
    | I'm being offered a Rocky Mountain Elevation 2002 with Hope Mini disc upgrade all in for £800 (new
    | bike, friendly dealer).
    |
    | My riding is probably intermediate (used to be pretty good but have let my last bike get a little
    | rusty) and is pretty much all off-road: some muddy forest trails, plenty of awful hillclimbs and
    | some excellent screaming forest and gravel track downhills.
    |
    | I have no particular views on the hardtail vs full sus debate, other than
    I
    | suppose a full sus would be more comfy (!), and I suppose you can get a better spec and lighter
    | hardtail for the same money. That said I tested
    the
    | new Haro Extreme X2 the other day and thought it rode like a Raleigh Grifter.
    |
    | Any thoughts on my terrible dilemma?
    |
    | Kev
    |

Raleigh Grifters kick ass.

Save your cash and buy a grifter.

Simon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.