Should I bite?

Kevin Sheldrake

Guest
Hi,

I'm being offered a Rocky Mountain Elevation 2002 with Hope Mini disc upgrade all in for £800 (new
bike, friendly dealer).

My riding is probably intermediate (used to be pretty good but have let my last bike get a little
rusty) and is pretty much all off-road: some muddy forest trails, plenty of awful hillclimbs and
some excellent screaming forest and gravel track downhills.

I have no particular views on the hardtail vs full sus debate, other than I suppose a full sus would
be more comfy (!), and I suppose you can get a better spec and lighter hardtail for the same money.
That said I tested the new Haro Extreme X2 the other day and thought it rode like a Raleigh Grifter.

Any thoughts on my terrible dilemma?

Kev

"Kevin Sheldrake" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
| Hi,
|
| I'm being offered a Rocky Mountain Elevation 2002 with Hope Mini disc upgrade all in for £800 (new
| bike, friendly dealer).
|
| My riding is probably intermediate (used to be pretty good but have let my last bike get a little
| rusty) and is pretty much all off-road: some muddy forest trails, plenty of awful hillclimbs and
| some excellent screaming forest and gravel track downhills.
|
| I have no particular views on the hardtail vs full sus debate, other than
| suppose a full sus would be more comfy (!), and I suppose you can get a better spec and lighter
| hardtail for the same money. That said I tested
the
| new Haro Extreme X2 the other day and thought it rode like a Raleigh Grifter.
|
| Any thoughts on my terrible dilemma?
|
| Kev

Raleigh Grifters kick ass.

Save your cash and buy a grifter.