Should I buy a Giant Cypress ST or GT Aggressor?

americandream

Dec 28, 2011
[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]I went to the bike shop today. I am looking for a hybrid. I don't want a road bike with handlebars dropped down where I need to lean so far forward to ride. I would like a flat bar on a hybrid bike though. Skinny tires with flat bar, not with mountain tires.[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]I talked to the guy at the store about what I wanted and what I wanted to pay. He told me that for a young guy like myself he thinks I should buy the GT Aggressor. Really I think he might just profit more on that. He didn't have the Cypress ST in the store without shocks like I wanted. He did have 2 of these GT bikes that he said he just got in.[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]It looked like a mountainbike but he said for a young guy like me this bike can ride more places and might be a better pick with the flatbar. The Cypress would sit me too high up, which I somewhat agree but I don't want a cheap bike or a mountain bike either. I'm really only going to ride on roads and smooth surfaces.[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]The GT Aggressor had some bigger tires with big treads but not really all that big either.[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]The salesman told me that the Cypress is a steel frame, which most bikes are at that low price, but the Aggressor has an aluminum frame making it lighter and easier to ride.[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]What's your opinion on these two bikes and which one would be the better buy? [/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]I was really leaning towards the cypress, though I would like a flatbar.[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Thanks for any help on deciding between these two[/COLOR]

I'm now looking at the Giant Escape 2 as well. That looks like it might be more of what I'm looking for.