Should I buy a World Champion Jesey ?

team bianchi

Jun 17, 2004
well ive been looking for an jersey an found that theres a Domina Vacanze world champ jersey you know when cipo was world champion reckon its a great jersey should i get it or not can you people please have your view i dont care if its negitive but just have a view on this one please

cheers

JAN TOUR CHAMP 05

You'll get the usual snobs that will look down on you for wearing the rainbow stripes. But if i were you i'd go for it.

Will you feel comfortable wearing it? If so I would say get it. I might have trouble wearing a local race winners jersey but I wouldn't feel too bad about wearing a wrold champ jersey. Heck my bike says Tour de France winner all over it (well just one sticker but still) and I must admit I did not win the Tour de France, and in fact I am pretty sure my Trek 1200 didn't either.

Wear whatever makes you want to ride. If it's Cipo's jersey, so be it! And tell anyone that does not agree to stuff it. :D

I have an Axel Merckx Domo-Farm Frites,Belgian champions jersey and I only get compliments on it. When I moved here and wore it with some of the racers nobody made any comments or gave me looks...of course when I was blowing them up on the hills and towing everyone up to the break they may have thought I really was Axel!:D

team bianchi said:
well ive been looking for an jersey an found that theres a Domina Vacanze world champ jersey you know when cipo was world champion reckon its a great jersey should i get it or not can you people please have your view i dont care if its negitive but just have a view on this one please

cheers

JAN TOUR CHAMP 05
Excellent question ........ I have a collection of a few autographed world's jersey's .... One being a race worn one ..... But they are on the wall ..... And my bike has some rainbow stripes on it and like me , has never seen the roads in Europe......
I have rode for over 30 years and have never felt comfortable riding with a world's jersey or a yellow jersey ...... I feel they are for those who earn them ..... I am also Catholic and I would never wear the hat the Pope does either ..... Same reasons ...
I am a little anal and defensive about those jerseys .... There are a few others out there that come close as far as the world' stripes go ..... Those would be the way to go ......
But if you feel comfortable though , go for it ....... I wish I could .....

team bianchi said:

cheers

JAN TOUR CHAMP 05

You should definitely get it. Cipo's a great champion. Wear with pride. No one will say anything, but if someone does then he's just a jerk.

Just don't wear it around here. The rednecks can't tell a World Champion jersey from the maillot jaune, but they do somehow associate rainbows with being gay, so they might try extra hard to run you off the road. It's tough enough for me in a plain, nondescript jersey and shorts.

thanks you guys if anyone pays me out about it I will go "well what have you got on then"

thanks for your support keep the opinions coming please !

and if anyone wants to have a go at me BRING IT ON

team bianchi said:
thanks you guys if anyone pays me out about it I will go "well what have you got on then"

thanks for your support keep the opinions coming please !

and if anyone wants to have a go at me BRING IT ON
I wear a 2002 Yellow Jersey, Was riding some hills around Adelaide. Caught a group of riders (snobs) they made a few comments on my jersey, Ha Ha fellas very funny, so i blew them away up the hill on my own. I don't know if it was the jersey or not but i felt strong going up that climb, like Lance dancing on the pedals.
Wear what ever jersey you want. If you get bagged out for it don't despair, They're all jealous!!

leestevens said:
I wear a 2002 Yellow Jersey, Was riding some hills around Adelaide. Caught a group of riders (snobs) they made a few comments on my jersey, Ha Ha fellas very funny, so i blew them away up the hill on my own. I don't know if it was the jersey or not but i felt strong going up that climb, like Lance dancing on the pedals.
Wear what ever jersey you want. If you get bagged out for it don't despair, They're all jealous!!

im from adelaide to you might see me in the JERSEY !

team bianchi said:
im from melbourne but i still think i could see you in one of those hideous yellow jerseys

ive considered the same world champ jersey, i think it looks cool.

at the moment im chasing down one of the gold quickstep davitamon jerseys celebrating paolo bettini's gold medal.

team bianchi said:

cheers

JAN TOUR CHAMP 05

Personally I would not wear a World Cup Jersey or any other Jersey that represented a prize (like the Yellow, Polko dot, etc.). Personally I do not like to see a Jersey like this even on sale, these are earned not purchased by anyone. This is a personal view and although I happy to discuss the wearing of one of these jerseys I would never abuse someone for wearing one.

team bianchi said:

Nah probably not, i moved away over a year ago, i live in the Riverland now. Still come down for a ride every now and then. I'll be watching though!! :D