Should I buy the CS600 w/ power?

vetboy said:
No convincing needed - mine works great.

Yea, I've heard those PTs can be off slightly;)

My point in defending it is that when researching before I bought, I read lots of negative press (often be people who never used one - just rehashing what they knew about the older polar PM) and yet most who were actually riding one and took the time to post reported excellent results (as I have had). People who rant about what junk it is will scare off those cash strapped riders who really want a PM, but can't afford the others. They would really benefit from the polar and the power data it provides.

Joe
My wife and I have CS600 Power meters. I've installed three others in my cycling group. They all work just fine. We are all using the power readings to improve our performance and the results are there. There are other people in my group with PT's. They work just fine as well. But the Polar stuff costs less, weighs less, and we can change our wheels and use the power measurement in races. So from a results point of view, I am a Polar fan.

goodboyr said:
My wife and I have CS600 Power meters. I've installed three others in my cycling group. They all work just fine. We are all using the power readings to improve our performance and the results are there. There are other people in my group with PT's. They work just fine as well. But the Polar stuff costs less, weighs less, and we can change our wheels and use the power measurement in races. So from a results point of view, I am a Polar fan.
goodboyr,

How well does your Polar work with displaying power on the trainer?

swampy1970 said:
goodboyr,

How well does your Polar work with displaying power on the trainer?
myself and a mate from the club do regular trainer sessions and both use the CS600 with power and have never had a problem

jcjordan said:
myself and a mate from the club do regular trainer sessions and both use the CS600 with power and have never had a problem
I've got a Cycleops Fluid 2 trainer, and the power readings I get on the CS600 match very closely to the power curves that have been published for that trainer. The important thing is to ensure that when you install the chain sensor paddle, that the chain is never more than 30mm away in any useable chain combo. The Kurt Kinetic website has the power curves for many trainers. As well, there is this link:

http://www.geocities.com/almost_fast/trainerpower/

jeff262 said:
I had a problem with mine about 9 or 10 months ago. Polar promptly issued me an RA with no questions asked and I had a new unit back within a week of sending the old one out. My system has worked perfectly ever since. I had problems and many others have, but my experience with Polar service was good.
My experiences seems to be a problem wih the Dutch department of the Polar service of this global company:rolleyes:, looks like they have it under control in other parts of the world.