Should I get a unicycle help me

unicycle746

Guest
Hey, I have been thinking of getting a unicycle for a while now. This
christmas my friend got one and i am starting to get good at it but i
dont know if i should get one. i already ride bikes, skateboard, do
aggressive inline, and ride dirtbikes. Well now its your turn to think.
should i get a unicycle? Is it fun? The reason i am asking is because
the unicycle is $89 and i will only have $12 left so pleaze help me and
awnser back soon. because im clueless
:confused:

--
unicycle746
unicycle746's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9189

Although you are going to get a slightly biased response from this
forum, I say definitely. You may or may not know what can be done on a
unicycle, if not check out sykoproductions.com and look for the U2
trailer. Unicyclejester.com has some good vids. Search for either "Ryan
Atkins gallery" or "Kevin Macmullins (maybe Mc...) gallery". Also
checkout krisholm.com. Check the gallery, Shaun Johanneson's is on page
1 or 2. Check some of the Japanese freestyle vids in a thread on this
page. That covers most of the styles. Maybe someone else can post more
links. I never knew what kinda junk could be done till I found this
site. You won't regret it. This is a relatively new sport and you could
be pushing the limits very quickly depending on your learning curve.

Make the right choice,
David

--
darchibald - Trials and Street rider

"There wouldn't be an 'us' if there wasn't a 'them'." - Gild
darchibald's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6240

Yes.

You won't regret it.

It will make you better at many other sports.

Somehow, I think you have the ability to earn more money if you really
need to.

--
johnfoss - The wilder Wilder

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

darchibald wrote:
> * I say definitely. You may or may not know what can be done on a
> unicycle, if not check out sykoproductions.com and look for the U2
> trailer *

yes. watch 'this' (http://tinyurl.com/399s6)

and 'this' (http://www.beyondgravity.com/otg/OTG_trailer1.mpg)

definitely buy one

--
revengeofthemole - GooedRevenge

ur talkin to the still stand masta
revengeofthemole's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8220

Forget it.
DON'T get a unicycle--It is the worst thing I have ever done. It takes
forever to learn, and you fall down a lot, and everyone calls you names
like clown.
Even if you ever do learn to ride, the trauma of freemounting is just
around the corner to spoil the fun.
Then you end up spending a ridicoulas amount of time at this
website/forum asking about cranks or hubs. Before long, you'll get
sucked into pointless conversations at the Just Conversation forum.
You will dream of unicycling--literally, like everyone else here, when
you sleep, you will have dreams that involve the unicycle.
Then you'll want to branch out--you will wonder about getting a coker, a
muni, a freestyle, etc.
Others will see how well you are doing, and suddenly, two or more of
your friends will get unicycles. And their lives will sink into the
black hole of the one-wheel, as yours likely shall, as mine already has,
because I had the insane, the totally insane notion that I might give
the unicycle a try.
I have been going to my local chapter of U.A. (Unicyclists Anonymous).
It has not worked. I'm already hooked....
Save yourself. Just walk away.

JUST KIDDING!!!!!:) :) :)
Nothing in the world beats those first few feet of riding unassisted!
You'll see! Just get one, and you will soon see, it is like flying! GO
FOR IT!

--
dogbowl - rides a 26", but dreams of a coker!

All I want out of life is to be able to ride the unicycle while smoking
a cigar at the same time. Is that too much to ask for?
www.dogbowl.com / www.eyeballplanet.com
I USE LINUX--I LIKE LINUX!!!!!!!!

dogbowl's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6629

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 21:20:04 -0600, "unicycle746" wrote:

>should i get a unicycle? Is it fun?

What a place to ask this question!

Unicycling is one of the most fun hobbies you can think of. It is a
fantastic feeling to ride unsupported for the first time. And that is
only the beginning. You can learn all kinds of tricks, you can ride
long distances, or on rough terrain, or on a tree log, or you can jump
on a picknick table, and off it. You could juggle while on the uni. It
is a hobby with infinite possibilities, enough to last your whole
life!

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
It's impossible to get old when you ride a unicycle - John (what's in a name) Childs

Go for it!

How many sports do you know where you get great satisfaction just doing
the basics. If you never manage to do loads of tricks, so what? You will
have fun just riding along.

They last for years anyway; you will get your moneys worth out of it.

Innes

--
innes - Unicyclist
innes's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9123